Star Control Lawsuit Settled

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
Now we'd tried court-managed settlement with no progress and private mediation was also proving to be as elusive as the Questing Beast. So we decided to throw a bit of a Hail Mary pass and just call Brad Wardell directly -- something he'd actually suggested more than a year earlier -- but first, we needed to find some kind of common ground which turned out to be... bees. Yes, bees.

SOURCE 1

SOURCE 2

As a long time starcon2 fan this makes me happy. I want to shout yehat like a pkunk. Mycon siderable puns aside. This is cool news.

Coolest settlement ever. Basically they each get to build on their own thing, and will even help each others projects, final bullet points are icing on the cake:

• No licensing money changed hands.
  • Brad Wardell of Stardock must furnish Paul Reiche with a specific amount of honey from Wardell's apiary.
  • In turn, Paul Reiche must furnish Brad Wardell with a specific amount of mead brewed from Wardell's bees' honey.

Good on them. That's one of the coolest settlements ever!

That makes me happy. It also makes me want some mead.

I'm very glad this turned out well. I really couldn't fault anyone involved, it was just unfortunate all around. However, since I've been a fan of F&P since Archon on the C64, I showed more support for their side of things. Glad both sides are happy.

Da fuq... yeah that is about all I can say about that settlement...

Well, it is a pretty odd settlement. However, it's actually pretty close to what Paul and Fred had originally proposed, but Stardock didn't like it. Then I think (if memory serves) it swung back the other way to where Paul and Fred were being a bit bitchy. I'm surprised it finally ended, but quite happy to hear it. It would have been better if Paul and Fred could use the original game titles, but oh well, they have the good stuff. I was disappointed to hear that Stardock couldn't use any of the original characters/alien races/etc. for their game when it first got announced. That's why I've been looking forward to Fred and Paul's game so much. I want more of the SC2 story arc.

Back