Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Large tank is great looking, did you pull that from the test? I don't have that file...

Yeah, 2.0 on Live.
You sure you're in the right directory? If you've ever done PTU, there will be a another folder with these files, but thats not the one you want, make sure you go down the 'Public' folder.

It's 2 little files, ending in .pak
Copy those over, backup or overwrite the ones in the Hanger folder, and then access your hanger to go in.

They added 25 "Racer Pack" Racing ship access in AC, Crusader and 15k UEC and 42 "Combat Pack" Combat ship access in AC, Crusader and 30k UEC.

Shame they are only for AC, especially for such big milestones for referrals. not that i would ever get to them any way.

They are bringing back the Black Friday / Anniversary sale, All of it, for Dec 25th through...28th I think? A second chance to buy any Anniversary stuff!

Oh, I missed the HOTAS part of the stream. Did they discuss the standard version or did they also mention the high-end / VIP variant?

On Referrals, I do hope they can implement something for the older backers who gifted/recruited long before the current code based system. I hear they're approaching and evaluating ideas, but I don't know any particulars.

It's for the PC on that desk tho since he has his own account for the game separate to that. And holy shit he's playing right now :D

Holy shit

Seamless transition from space, through atmosphere, down to a player's eyeball. All rendered in engine with live demo.

And some detractors said it couldn't be done, much less in this fidelity. Others claimed "why did they need to raise so much money crowdfunded? Why didn't they just make the 5 million dollar game". Well... THIS exact thing was a stretch goal. :D

Excellent progress indeed!

I must admit that I had no freaking idea that hey could make it work this quickly. Sure, it's very basic but the scale... Is just awesome.

That was EXACTLY my thought.

honestly i wasnt sure if it could be done, and i was not actually expecting it ever would be.

I was perfectly happy with the normal, choose to land pick a zone and it takes me there.

This just keeps getting better and better.

It's called Star Engine, that's their internal name for the engine now.

I wonder how long it will take to get that into the backer builds? I don't imagine it will be arriving with 2.1, will it? It would be awesome if they were to add some planetary landing locations to the PU.

That looked really good though. I know Chris had said that the procedural generation tech was coming along better than expected, but I just thought that mean they would be able to create planets and asteroids and whatnot quicker on their end, not full blown space to surface landings.

That's a bit too soon imo. The first time they showed 2.0 was back in October and went live now ~3 months later. I would think it will take them just as long to get this new tech into the live builds at the earliest.

Well they are giving CryTek way too much credit now. It's obviously a fork of CryEngine. It would make sense to rebrand it - there may be legal reasons why they haven't done it.

man that looks amazing, its more than i ever dreamed they could pull off.

Nice they have the second jump point book for sale.

Yeah, 2.0 on Live.
You sure you're in the right directory? If you've ever done PTU, there will be a another folder with these files, but thats not the one you want, make sure you go down the 'Public' folder.

It's 2 little files, ending in .pak
Copy those over, backup or overwrite the ones in the Hanger folder, and then access your hanger to go in.

*facepalm* Yea, I was tired. Drunk. Stupid? Whatever, it looks great, but very sluggish on my 7970 @1440p. I hope there are some good (cheap) graphics cards coming in the first quarter...

Watched the stream today with a few co-worker friends in our conference room on the big screen, our minds were blown when they showed off the procedurally generated planet system!

So at the moment I have

- Reliant Tana LTI (upgraded my Reliant)
- Super Hornet LTI (originally Aurora LX LTI)
- Avenger Titan (still waiting to get that solved so that I can get my 325A and $10 store credits back).

Reliant Tana looks rather interesting fire power wise and it doesn't hurt that you can fit some cargo in it too.

I REALLY hope some game developer chooses this Engine and makes a Star Trek game with it.

Honestly, in the years since development started there are now better engines like the updated unreal and part of the problem is that this engine was never designed for this kind of game.

I dont think unreal would be any better suited for this kind heavy modifications than cryengine would .

Honestly, in the years since development started there are now better engines like the updated unreal and part of the problem is that this engine was never designed for this kind of game.

Isnt that part of their hangups/slowdowns? Rewiring CryEngine to do this kinda thing?

Credit where credit is due, that is a sweet demo though. I like the arcade feel of the transition vs. Elite's line up, thrusters on and hang on for the gravity realism.

I went into Arena Commander yesterday. It seems like they've take 3 steps backward with that part of the game. I had lots of bugs that I didn't have before. Stuff like graphics anomalies, problems with ship controls, and no 3d radar.

Back