Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I'm gonna be f-ing pissed if these are part of the Concierge flair for 2016. I mean yes, this is a good way of letting people earn exclusive stuff like Concierge flair, but not to let us know before and make us work for it if we are gonna get it anyways would suck balls.

I remember the great fish tank wars of 2242. You have never seen such carnage.

j/k, but I want that upgraded tank, it looks sweet.

All I want to know is when will we have a full game and not just a bunch of ship selling?

I lost all interest in the game recently. Was an original Kickstarter backer, ended up spending $180 total after my original pledge.

I just don't care anymore, I guess.

Requested a refund. It was approved <yay me>.

I can just get at least 3 other great games with that money (sigh...$180 bucks, for one game? What was I thinking?). Fallout 4, here I come.

Which is why the devout like to say that development didn't start until 2 years ago, despite the fact that croberts said they started developing the game a year before the kickstarter (which would put us at more like 4 years).

The truth is somewhere in the middle. They didn't start throwing massive numbers of people at it until two years ago or so, but two years worth of prep in terms of design and vision and scope and coding with a smaller number of people is also not nothing either.

There's plenty of massive bullshittery on both sides of the equation. People bitching that the game is late, while technically true, ignores the massive scope expansion, and are on one end of the spectrum. (we may be able to dredge up some quotes from CR though, saying that the scope expansion WOULD NOT delay the project because it would mean they could throw more people at it).

People pretending that there are no problems at CIG and everything is fine are at the other end of that spectrum. Personally I have ZERO problems with the game taking 2+ more years to even get close to complete. My problem isn't that, but whether or not they'll be able to ever approach anything close to complete (i.e. what they promised) no matter how long of a timeframe they're given.

From my perspective I:

1. Backed when they were at 13 or 16 million or something. Played the shit out of WC and Privateer and figured that they earned CR another shot. Was I aware of his fuckups regarding his most recent game? No. Is that on me? Well, partially. I'm not gonna go back and look but I bet croberts didn't list "totally boned the last video game I tried to make due to shitty management and feature creep" on his "potential challenges" section of the Kickstarter campaign.

2. Witnessed massive amounts of feature creep. Drink mixing minigames? Stewardess profession? Are you shitting me? If I didn't know better I'd say it was a joke. Talk about jumping the shark. We're this far in and they haven't even nailed down basic flight mechanics or game engine design and they're spending time and money on drink mixing minigames?

3. Took a serious look at what they're trying to do, and what they've promised to do, and what people expect them to do, and realized that them cutting off stretch goals at 64m or whatever is a joke. By the time they hit that, the game had already ballooned into a 150m dollar game. It'd take a miracle for an established studio making an iterative sequel to be able to deliver on all croberts 64m dollar promises without spending twice the 64m dollars.

4. Realized that at this point the game has literally become a Ponzi scheme. Or at least as close as you can possibly come to one when making a video game. Croberts needs to continue raising millions of dollars per month just to deliver on the promises he made to everyone 30 million dollars ago. He admitted it. It's not even really up for debate. He said if they're not selling 2-3m dollars in ships a month they have to destaff. What more proof do you need? He didn't deny the DS allegations that he couldn't deliver on his promises with his current 90m dollar budget. What more proof do you need? SC, as promised and expected, can't be made for 94m dollars. The evidence of that is everywhere. So you've got to hope that people without the best reasoning skills continue funding the game despite all the evidence that it's circling the drain, or that the Baby Poo will be totally amazing (which I doubt), or that SQ42 will come out soon (which I doubt) and be amazing (which I also doubt).

None of that is good. Which is why I'll continue to post in SC threads (i.e. troll SC threads, since so many SC proponents think anyone saying anything even remotely critical (or honest, tbh) is trolling) until CR proves me wrong. If the baby poo is pretty badass I will largely shut up. If the baby poo is pretty badass and they're actually adding good content to it at a reasonable rate I will probably entirely shut up. But not until then.

Well you can do that and try to warn people OR you can be selfish and do the opposite. Get more people into the "game" so it MIGHT be finished one day. The second way you might get a working game out of it. :)

Something suddenly reminded me of the Big Lebowsky. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS8X2Qp_6aA

Xi'An scout album from subscriber vault: http://imgur.com/a/Auw5r

Edit: oops posted 4k image, forgot I was running on 5760x1200 eyefinity. Resized image to fit in sane sized monitors
KxAyTkN.jpg

YfpMQoE.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, i knew the ejection scene was used before.

was nice to see the extended scenes tho

I'm gonna be f-ing pissed if these are part of the Concierge flair for 2016. I mean yes, this is a good way of letting people earn exclusive stuff like Concierge flair, but not to let us know before and make us work for it if we are gonna get it anyways would suck balls.

Yeah that would suck for sure, I'm ok with physical rewards but I really wish they would back away from putting exclusive stuff (even crappy flair) in game that can't be earned in game. I do agree they need to give people a heads up though.

Well you can do that and try to warn people OR you can be selfish and do the opposite. Get more people into the "game" so it MIGHT be finished one day. The second way you might get a working game out of it. :)

There are certainly some people operating under that philosophy, but I think most of the stalwarts just aren't looking at it honestly/rationally either because they don't want to or aren't capable of it.

Edit: oops posted 4k image, forgot I was running on 5760x1200 eyefinity. Resized image to fit in sane sized monitors
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KxAyTkN.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YfpMQoE.jpg[/IMG]

Is that a spacecraft? I don't know what it is, but man, it's beautiful.

Concierge Black Card Pre-Order - VIP

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Concierge-Card/VIP

Got Mine :)

Whether you&#8217;re flaunting high fashion on the runways of Prime, Terra or cozying up with a bottle of 2733 vintage behind the velvet rope at the Goss&#8217; Million Mile High Club, the Concierge Black Card has your back. Showcase your involvement in making Star Citizen&#8217;s crowdfunding a success with this limited edition, wallet-sized metal card. The Concierge Black Card, available exclusively to high-level backers, is more than just a token of your dedication to the game: it will provide VIP access to future pop-up events and meetings. Don&#8217;t leave your hangar without it!

Please note: The price of this card is to cover production costs and worldwide shipping fees. The images displayed are the prototype version of the card; the text and logo portion of the card will be printed in black on the final product. This is a pre-order; estimated delivery date is February 2016.

Last edited:
Can you see if you can buy another, I just noticed that not only could I choose a quantity, but I also still have to option to buy more, not a good thing considering they are not personalized.

yeah i can order more than 1

Something suddenly reminded me of the Big Lebowsky. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS8X2Qp_6aA

KxAyTkN.jpg

YfpMQoE.jpg

That ship is gorgeous!! For me, I occasionally see a ship that looks "pretty cool" but this one really speaks to me. Unfortunately I don't think it would match my play style (though I could be wrong since I know nothing about it :D )

lol sheesh, the sheer amount of things you can pre-order for this game are astounding.

Well it is a specialty item, so it is kinda expected to need to know how many to produce, they will likely make more than what is sold but only to meet the required batch numbers.

So if they need to produce 1,000 to get a certain deal and the next stage up is 5,000 if they only sell 800 of them then it would be silly to have paid in advance for 5,000.

Can you see if you can buy another, I just noticed that not only could I choose a quantity, but I also still have to option to buy more, not a good thing considering they are not personalized.

Just a note, thx for pointing that out.

I ordered a second one, one i can keep in my wallet and likely get beat up, and the other will just be to keep pristine lol.

But yeah they should really limit that to 1 per account i can see it getting abused.

I really want a run of normal personalized ones again, i want a Grand Admiral one.

Just a note, thx for pointing that out.

I ordered a second one, one i can keep in my wallet and likely get beat up, and the other will just be to keep pristine lol.

But yeah they should really limit that to 1 per account i can see it getting abused.

I really want a run of normal personalized ones again, i want a Grand Admiral one.

Star Citizen Trader is bound to find out any second.

The changed it to now 1 per account, so I guess we got 2 :D

i can still add it to my cart* and go to check out tho?

If i already have one in my cart then it warns me that i can only have 1 per order, but nothing stops me from removing it from cart and adding another one.

yeah I wasn't able to choose quantity but I was able to buy another one after I purchased the fist one.

was it a reason we do not have 2.0 right now? (i have not read the stuff yet) i mean if its a key part of the retaliator and connie for a crew station then i could see it needing to be done first, it might make for some more pop on 2.0 release if its included as well.

From latest reverse the verse there is a chance there will be 2 brand new hangar ready ships. Seeing as how they've been posting a lot about the Xi'An scout it's a possibility that will be one of them. :cool:

From latest reverse the verse there is a chance there will be 2 brand new hangar ready ships. Seeing as how they've been posting a lot about the Xi'An scout it's a possibility that will be one of them. :cool:

khartu and Herald me thinks

Herald is pretty far along and they were talking about how it would be AC ready very soon throughout summer, but the Cat on the other hand they where just showing grey boxing.

Which is why im pissed, the cat is one of the oldest ships and they've hardly touched it. But some new ships they just push through the dev process.

was it a reason we do not have 2.0 right now? (i have not read the stuff yet) i mean if its a key part of the retaliator and connie for a crew station then i could see it needing to be done first, it might make for some more pop on 2.0 release if its included as well.
Naah, currently its all about getting bugs fixed.

Back