Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Are you being intentionally dense? Additional funding is going for things beyond the pitched kickstarter. It's for doing things better. With the initial kickstarter goal reached, they would have developed the game and it would likely be a much lesser game than what they are currently making. Reading comprehension is a powerful tool...

that's not what the people I've been talking to in this thread have stated, claiming this ambitious dream somehow needs more than actually launching someone into space. And yes I would much rather have the project shown on the kickstarter completed then more added later.

Also when you guys just resort to insults it just hurts any point you're trying to make, not that the points you were trying to make made any sense whatsoever anyway. I find it funny how emotionally involved some of you get over some game you haven't even played yet.

and erasmus, did you skim over the part that says clear end?

I was excited about this game when it was first announced and it seems the 'game' itself is not much closer to being real now vs then.

Stop selling ships - start making the game.

Blasphemy!!!

Other than that, I just sold a Digital Colonel LTI for $200 which was decent profit. My advice to LTI holders is to sell those packages. You can always buy a non-LTI later if the game ever actually gets off the ground.

leeleatherwood said:
Then dont play.

And if you do play, you will be KOS to me and I will add you to the Goonrathi KOS roster because you are such a crybaby bitch.

Wow, that's pretty intimidating e-thuggery there. You must feel oh-so-powerful that you are a cog in someone's machine.
I am not too proud to admit that I am now seriously scared of you, the Goonrathi-KOS-list-adder, I am quite literally shaking in my boots.

For those that are wondering,

The PAX East Star Citizen "gathering" is offering RSVPs today! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13624-RSVP-For-The-PAX-East-Event

Much like the Gamescom event of last August, while Star Citizen is going to be involved in a presentation/booth at PAX East itself, this event is being held at a nearby venue, so those of us without PAX badges can still go

Date/Time - April 10th 2014, 8pm - 12am EST. Concierge and Subscribers will be admitted an hour early at 7pm!

Where - "Royal Boston", 275 Tremont Street

The Event is at a venue that will hold 1500 people give or take, and requires RSVP. The tickets are FREE, but are only open to Backers. They made their first batch of tickets available around 12pm EST today, for VIP/Concierge and then Subscribers (Imperator, Centurion), and from right now anyway, there are still slots left in this batch. New batches, available to all Backers will be released at 5pm and 10pm. I assume that any left-over tickets that are not claimed during the first and/or second batch will remain in the lot until the end. Oh, and don't forget that when claiming a ticket, once the system establishes you have a Star Citizen account and are a Backer, you'll need to enter a real name, as a photo ID will be necessary to be granted access.

Oh yea, there are no +1s, so if you have a significant other or friend interested in going, ensure they register for their own ticket! Also, they specifically note that the RSVP system is automated, and customer service will not be able to add you to the list manually.

Last edited:
Thanks just signed up, the only bad thing about having it in Boston is that its in Boston. ;)

I don't understand why we have like 3 pages (at 40 posts per page!) of people humoring all these troll comments. The only explanation is that this ship is powered by propeller facepalms.

Ready for take off captain!
u9hRoPz.gif
u9hRoPz.gif

P.S: Org hit 43 members a couple of days ago :)

I think I'm going to pass on Pax East, if I'm going to blow a plane ticket on this I'd rather go somewhere else than Boston. They should do something in Vegas or somewhere fun for people with money and loose morals like myself haha...

Doesn't work when someone quotes them :(, hence my post of people humoring them.

I know, I don't think many people know about the ignore feature. Hell I wasn't aware till someone pointed it out a few months back.

i don't know, i kinda lost interest in tngs. didnt really like any thing the teams made and i dont like the ship stats they have to work with.

TNGS is ok, it's nothing spectacular yet. I've seen 2-3 ships I thought looked ok on the outside, but are to gawdy to be functional. Most of the ships so far just don't seem to fit the aesthetic feel of the current "Star Citizen" universe.

Honestly I thought the Mercenary gunship for the vote would have been ok, but as time goes on I really wish they would have went with something like a cargo ship. I think they are trying to be flashy rather than functional since it's a merc gunship, however I may be biased in that I have no real interest in this kind of ship.

It is my understanding (or perhaps, my hope they'll go through with it) that TNGS entries and whatnot, if selected, will be given a major CIG internal overhaul before being a final part of the game. If something looks cool but is too narrow-bodied to give the kind of internal space that is necessary or is designed in too obtuse and flashy a format to work with how they place internal ship systems, then it will be modified by CIG before being added to the official roster. Hell, many current ships need interior updates (Constellation is the biggest one, badly in need of LOTS more interior space and features. Freelancer too, and possibly the Cutlas) to bring them up to the level as the plans for ships like the Caterpillar, Retaliator, and Idris (yay, new 240m Idris!), so I expect they won't be scared to alter TNGS entries and winners to fit better.

i don't know, i kinda lost interest in tngs. didnt really like any thing the teams made and i dont like the ship stats they have to work with.

Yea, I dont even bother watching it anymore, could have been more exiting I guess

Wooot!

Im at work so when or if the new stretch goals get put up could you post them?

Last edited:
I thought the ships were better this week. I liked the idea of a drop pod on the one, would be neat to have the option to have it be a ground vehicle at the cost of some crew space later on.

40 Mil Letter

Greetings Citizens,

We’ve done it again! The Star Citizen community has pushed us to another incredible crowd funding goal: $40 million, a number that would have been an impossible dream at the start of the game’s development. I’m constantly amazed by the continued support we receive and how this community manages to grow every day. Since the last milestone we’ve added over 10,000 new citizens! Some say that space sims are niche. I’m not so sure!

At $40 million, you unlocked the last of the backer-voted star systems. Since the results of the last poll were so close, we decided to include both of the top two options:

Kabal System – The discovery of a new system is always an exciting time. Even the most jaded NavJumpers can’t help entertaining the possibilities for scientific understanding or new species or even a new home that could await them on the other side of a new jump point. The discovery of Kabal was certainly something new. By all outward appearances, the system seemed empty. It was only during when a UEE Surveying team began to assess Kabal III, did they find something disturbing; old uninhabited Tevarin cities. How could an entire Tevarin system escape detection all these years? Did the Tevarin that were assimilated into the UEE know about it? How was it kept a secret? The questions multiplied when a detachment of Marines, sent to secure the planet ended up discovering a cache of old Tevarin war machines. Among the rows and rows of weapons, they made an even more disturbing discovery; some of the technology was made in the last ten years…

Oretani System – Oretani was just one of many systems that were being discovered during the rapid Expansion era of the 25th century. The surveyors noticed nothing in the system’s six worlds of immediate importance. Only one planet seemed to be a viable candidate for terraforming. The terraforming Corp that won the bid sent a mid-level team (and their families) into the system to start processing when the only jump point into the system collapsed. Scientists scrambled to figure out a solution, but it was the first time an incident like this had occurred. As years stretched into decades, people studied the area around the former jump point, hoping for a sign that it had reopened, but after time they gave up. After all this time, Oretani is only ever debated among select number of historians. Most believe that without support, the initial terraformers probably died out, but no one really knows what to expect on the other side if that jump point ever reopens.

Per tradition, we are announcing the $42 million stretch goal today. 42 is a celebrated number for Star Citizen. Before the crowd funding campaign launched, I teased the game to my oldest fans with the RSI website. To enter you had to guess the password. The hint was “Life, the Universe and Everything”. We expected most Sci-Fans to get the reference to Douglas Adams “Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy”. We planned to launch the teaser site 42 days out from the announcement however the realities of web development intervened but we did manage to work in a lasting reference to the project’s humble beginnings by using 42 in the name of the legendary fighter squadron you aspire to join in the single-player adventure, Squadron 42!

It’s only appropriate for the $42 million stretch goal that we do something that recognizes the role that the answer to “Life, The Universe and Everything” has played in this amazing journey.

Star Citizen’s equivalent of “The Hitch Hikers Guide” is the Observist section of Star Citizen’s Galactapedia.

The Galactapedia isn’t a simple wiki or a static how-to guide: it’s going to integrate directly into the game universe and respond in real time as players steer the course of Star Citizen’s world. We envision making the news with an impressive feat in the Galactapedia as a major goal for many players: if you’re the one who finally defeats the Dread Pirate Roberts, charts a new Jump Point or makes the Advocacy’s Most Wanted list, your actions will become memorialized for all time in the Galactapedia! What’s more, the Galactapedia will be available both inside Star Citizen and through the RSI website.

With all of this in mind, we have a few additions to the game and some rewards for our loyal backers at the $42 million level! Read on:

Updated Observist Guide – Additional funding from the $42 million level will go to expanding the website area of the Galactapedia: expect to see holographic ships, items and navigation interface in 3D! Imagine admiring your ships or planning your loadouts right here at the RSI website.

Explorer-class mobiGlas Rig – Every player who backs before we hit $42 million will start the game with their own, visually distinctive mobiGlas “ExoGlas” rig which can be used to access the Observist at any time. I’ve charged the mobiGlas team with a very difficult task: creating a realistic interface that will help keep your affairs in order in an expansive galaxy that we hope players will expand in unknown directions. It’s almost like building our own in fiction operating system for an imagined future, and it’s very different task than building spaceships. This backer-exclusive mobiGlas kit will come pre-loaded with additional galactic information that new players would ordinarily need to explore or barter to fill out; it’s our way of honoring the information you’ve collected about the Star Citizen universe through the RSI site and community over the past year!

Gladius – The Squadron 42 team will develop an additional fighter for the game, the Aegis Dynamics Gladius-class light fighter. The Gladius will be the first fighter built entirely from concept to CryEngine in the UK! Here’s the official description: The Aegis Gladius is the UEE’s reigning light short-range patrol fighter. A single-seat ship with no room for expansion, the Gladius is fast, maneuverable and capable of punching far above its weight. The main advantage to the design is simplicity: cheap to produce, easy to repair and outfit and quick to train new pilots on. The Gladius is an aging design nearing the end of its life-cycle, although iterative updates have kept it the most nimble fighter in the active fleet.

Towel – And of course, everyone who backs before we hit $42 million will also receive a towel for their hangar. Don’t explore the galaxy without it!

Remember that our stretch goals are examples, ways of showing you how we are improving the game with the additional funding and ways to thank you for your early support. The full impact of each additional dollar is actually felt across the board: the project currently employs over 200 people. As a result, every dollar allows us to support this large team and helps improve Star Citizen in both scope and scale.

Thank you for your support, for making this possible. I can’t wait to show you what we have in store for Star Citizen; stay tuned!

— Chris Roberts

P.S., A number of Citizens have asked why we stopped giving out stretch goal rewards to backers (like the repair bot and the space suit offered early in the campaign.) The truth is, we had so many new features we wanted to discuss that the practice slipped our mind. For the next set of stretch goals, we’re going to give you in-game rewards… and we’re letting you pick what you want. Please vote in the poll below to pick the $43 million unlock reward. The winner will be described in the next Chairman post and the option with the lowest votes will be eliminated from contention!

Only new art (ExoGlass Concept) :
Mobiglas_temp03.jpg

Poll:
Next Player Reward Stretch Goal:
New Ship's Gun
New Hangar Room
Update Scanner Software
Bonus UEC
Role Specific Outfit
Marine Combat Armor
Dashboard Decoration
Engine Tuning Kit
Ship Skin
Space Plant
Mystery Object

Last edited:
There are a couple of blah things on the votes, but otherwise everything else is just pure awesome.

I can't wait for my towel in my Hangar :D

So far, its the marine combat suit that is winning at 25%, with the new hangar room at 15%

So far, its the marine combat suit that is winning at 25%, with the new hangar room at 15%

a marine combat suit is just a marine combat suit.... but a mystery object could be anything... it could even be a marine combat suit, you know how much we've wanted one of those.

Whoaah a MYSTERY object! That could be anything! That's got my vote. Not sure why that spandex bicycle racing/space marine suit is getting all the votes.

Well, the suit is at 23%, hangar room is at 17% and the MYSTERY object is at 15%.

And as a side note:
Anyone else here order a mouse pad? I've been waiting 11 days for the time I ordered one and it is still at shipping. I'm starting to get annoyed :(

Well, the suit is at 23%, hangar room is at 17% and the MYSTERY object is at 15%.

And as a side note:
Anyone else here order a mouse pad? I've been waiting 11 days for the time I ordered one and it is still at shipping. I'm starting to get annoyed :(

Not a mouse pad (to slow!), but my redacted hoodie has been stuck in Canada for a few days... The physical shipping seems to be a literal slow boat from china... :D

I ordered a mouse pad a few months ago, took a while to get here, they shipped from China so it can take a month and its more than likely shipped, but the shipping info hasn't updated.

People obviously can't see past their noses.

Hangar room(s) are coming regardless of anyone voting for them as part of the finished game. Many of us already have an engine upgrade as part of stretch goal early backer rewards. If everyone gets that UEE combat suit then it's not interesting anymore since EVERYONE will have one. Even for resale it will be worthless since, again, EVERYONE will have one.

Ask for something unique, something usable or something that empowers you to decide what you get. Mistery item, the ship weapon, or money would be my choices.

Yea, is spent a lovely week at the Dongguan Philatelic Bureau international parcel post Office Communications Group, and then a few days at Guangzhou International. It's a little annoying for the tracker to indicate it's sitting in Canada with the status of '交航", but it's all good as long as it get here intact.

I just want a bobblehead for my ship's dashboard, which is what I assume the dashboard decoration thing is about.

I never got anything email wise except that the order went through. Would just want some activity or say when it will be shipped.

I bet its going to be an Erik "Wingman" Peterson or Chris Roberts bobble-head :D

Back