Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Lorien, you should be hired as a PC.."Logistics Commandant of the Fleet". You could sit behind a desk and role play being cantankerous and make sure the Squad 42 pilots get spare parts and ammo.

;)

ill buy it if you dont have a use for it.

I'll let you know - I have to get with my brother to see if he wanted one. He has been busy lately + we had a close family member pass away recently :-/

I know lol. They were streaming on twitch and skype earlier tonight tho, testing microphone levels for the livestream. I managed to download the VODs before they deleted them from the twitch channel.

http://i.imgur.com/TMD6B8k.jpg

Last edited:
Latest batch of recruits makes the [H] Steam group 80 members strong. I really really hope we get lots of details of the DFM during the livestream so I can start making plans for the tournament.

And this pretty much confirms a new show (to compliment Wingman's Hangar?) is being developed at the L.A. offices

http://i.imgur.com/x5zu2Wc.jpg

Last edited:
LA show has been on the cards since the end of last year, it's something Sandi will be hosting so will definitely be quite a bit different than what Eric does on a Friday morning, presumably a lot more serious and planned.

PSA: I'm no longer accepting RSI packages to melt to upgrade with LTI. Paypal/Amazon payments only from now until whenever LTI ends for me. Thank you all for supporting the game.

P.S: It is likely OB's will keep the lower prices perk even after LTI is gone. If that is the case I will continue to offer that service but most likely only through paypal/amazon payments.
P.P.S: If I haven't dealt with you before, if you are a new forum account or have 0/very few posts or if I simply don't feel like it, I reserve the right to deny you access to my service.

Last edited:
Damn, there are a lot of people buying Starfarers. Guess fuel won't be in short supply. The damage to wallets worldwide tomorrow with the Idris and two new ships is gonna be catastrophic.

Cue the Oprah jokes...

"YOU get an IDRIS, and YOU get an IDRIS!...."

oprah-bees.gif

But with IDRIS!

i have a feeling one of my primary goals come release will be to capture an "Armored tactical variant, the Starfarer Gemini (“Star-G”) is produced under contract by Aegis for use by the UEE military."

and get a new hull id for it.

There are rumors they'll be available for sale during the livestream

anyone know how long you can have an unpaid ship in your billing&sub page? lol

Its suppose to be 24 hours, but I found one a week later that was created when my Chrome crashed on my iPad for one of my Hornets.

I think this may be the most expensive pc game ever. It sounds like you pay for the base game, but the shiny ships are to be purchased with cash. And people are willing to pay top dollar for some of the cooler ships and roles. That must be how they have generated so much money, over 30 million dollars mostly from pre purchases and ship additions.

I wonder what the average cost per person is who intends to play the game? Probably over a hundred dollars.

id just hate to buy a ship tomorrow that i want and break the payment on it, and sell some litecoins to cover it to find out it vanished before i could pay for it and then sold the coins for nothing.

If it's a limited time ship like the Starfarer it will be removed right after the sale period ends, regular ships are removed after 24 hours like RangerXML said.

I think this may be the most expensive pc game ever. It sounds like you pay for the base game, but the shiny ships are to be purchased with cash. And people are willing to pay top dollar for some of the cooler ships and roles. That must be how they have generated so much money, over 30 million dollars mostly from pre purchases and ship additions.

I wonder what the average cost per person is who intends to play the game? Probably over a hundred dollars.

Pledging is entirely optional...most ships will be available in game for in game currency. The pledging insanity is for people who want in early and want physical swag as well as to start the online game with better or more varied/specialized hardware.

Not at all- $35 or so gets you advance beta access and a lifetime insured ship. That's a single player game and access to the multplayer universe with that forever ship. Everything that we are buying now is available in game, you don't need to pledge early support at all.
I'd say the game it shaping up to be a bargain.

Last edited:
And that same $35 package will cost you $60 when the game is released at retail in 2015

Last edited:
while the aurora game package might be 60 at release, by then it also wont be the only way to get the game either.

there will be cheaper options, like only buying the SQ42 mission disk for those that want SP/co-op only

or buying a lone character slot if you only care about the PU and dont want a starting ship to save money and dont care abouit single player.

so even at release the game will have cheaper ways to play than a normal new release

I bought one of the Goliath mouse pads the other day because there were only a handful left of the RSI design. Now I just need a new desk big enough to lay it out.

I upgraded my package to Cutlass w/ LTI last night... I hope tomorrow's announcements include the Cutlass and/or pirate hangar... kind of sad to be limited to examining my statue in the hangar.

I guess there is a major Hangar update coming, finally watched last Friday's Wingman's Hangar.

I upgraded my package to Cutlass w/ LTI last night... I hope tomorrow's announcements include the Cutlass and/or pirate hangar... kind of sad to be limited to examining my statue in the hangar.

just traded in my Aurora LN and Avenger for the Cutlass. Cant wait to explore inside

You know what would be sick? If they released the DFM sometime early Dec..

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13394-Letter-From-The-Chairman-31-Million

It’s exciting to see sales of the Starfarer tanker push us past another stretch goal. To me, that says that backers understand that Star Citizen is going to be deeper than just a combat game… that we’re going to make unique experiences for all kinds of players, from pirates to refuelers.

Hitting $31 million means you unlock the first of the player-selected role ships, the RSI Orion! Like the Starfarer, the Orion is the kind of ship you probably wouldn’t have flown in Wing Commander… but we intend to make it just as interesting as a fighter or a bomber!

RSI Orion – Roberts Space Industries’ goal has always been to make the stars available to individual Citizens. Now, with the RSI Orion mining platform, RSI is letting individuals take over a process formerly controlled by megacorporations. The Orion’s features include high-grade turret-mounted tractor beam arrays, durable exterior-accessible ‘saddlebags’ for mineral storage and a cabin designed by the team that brought you the Aurora and Constellation!

The voting is a lot closer now, but it looks like “Explorer” has edged out the crowd to be our next ship!

Anvil Carrack – The Anvil Carrack has been the vanguard of every UEE exploration effort in recent years. Featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, a highly advanced jump drive array and a dedicated computer core room that allows it to put the maximum processing power into jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use as a pathfinder spacecraft. Features on-board accommodations to allow for truly self-sufficient flight, including crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite capable of always charting a route home!

You have two more chances to vote for a new ship role! By the process of elimination, you’ll be choosing a ship from either Drake Interplanetary, makers of the Cutlass and the Caterpillar, or MISC, makers of the Freelancer and the Starfarer. Choose wisely!

Thank you for your support. Please join me tomorrow at 11 AM PST for a four-hour anniversary livestream direct from Cloud Imperium headquarters in Santa Monica, California. The team is excited to get another chance to interact with the community, and we’re looking forward to talking about some of the work we’ve done in the past year!

So 4 hour livestream means 25 Idris-P available for purchase each hour. If they keep pricing similar to the other limited sales it will be cheaper for OBs to get them. I'm expecting the New Backer price to be $1500 while OB's get the original $1250 for a savings of $250. More than sure I'll pick one up to resell as I know many will miss watching the livestream.

Last edited:
When is the Idris sale? Will they be released in limited numbers or will it be time based?

Tomorrow during the livestream. It will be limited numbers, there will only be 100 sold to even out the number of M's (150) and P's (50) already existing.

And $10 in a Steam sale in 2016

I doubt that's gonna happen really. There have been no announcements that they will release this game on any other platform (Steam, Origin, UPlay, etc), so I highly doubt that very very much.

Back