Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

What a previous title featured doesn't mean it will get featured in this game. Hearsay and assumptions are one thing, confirmation of what will be included is different. Which is what I and others are asking for. Previous games have certainly featured these but has there been official word on such features for Squadron 42?

I assume for the time being we will just have to wait for the answers.

Heya,

This is the video I was trying to post in my initial reply and edited it out because it seems the official RSI youtube channel deleted it.

Thankfully others made copies of it. You will see a squad on AI flying alongside a player in formation, receiving orders going from fleet to combat formations and also being ordered to attack targets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tPAMGiFebQ
Hopefully that answers some of your questions.

Edit: Shit, I meant to send this as a PM. Oh well, the video is pretty cool so everyone can see it as well.

Last edited:
What does everyone think of the Freelancer? I was thinking of cashing in my bounty hunter package to get it, but I don't know how that work, and if I would still get alpha and beta access..

Uh well if you just get the standalone ship you won't. but if you get freelancer package you will get it all. it all depends on what you want to do. the freelancer isn't going to be a great dogfighter. but it will excel in other areas.

if you are wondering about losing your backers status, or not getting your citizen card dont worry, your backer status is not linked with your pledge its linked with your account. and if you pledged when cards were available then you are already locked in.

Last edited:
Uh well if you just get the standalone ship you won't. but if you get freelancer package you will get it all. it all depends on what you want to do. the freelancer isn't going to be a great dogfighter. but it will excel in other areas.

if you are wondering about losing your backers status, or not getting your citizen card dont worry, your backer status is not linked with your pledge its linked with your account. and if you pledged when cards were available then you are already locked in.
All this.

To add, the Freelancer is more suited as a cargo hauler or explorer. A workhorse if there was any in the Star Citizen Universe.

This description was from the old website so assume figures like tonnage, cargo capacity, engines and upgrade slots are not final. (I know for a fact that the engine rating systems have been completely overhauled).

Builder: MISC (Musashi Industrial & Starflight Concern)
Crew (max): 2
Mass (empty): 55,000 KG
Focus: Long-Range Exploration / Heavy Mercantile

MISC is known for producing efficient, modular, middle-of-the-road ships, primarily transports of different sizes. Freelancers are used as long haul merchant ships by major corporations, but they are just as frequently repurposed as dedicated exploration vessels by independent captains who want to operate on the fringes of the galaxy. Don’t let some of the alien technology in the cockpit surprise you: the Freelancer’s design owes several of its internal systems to a lend-lease deal with the Xi’An.

Upgrade Capacity: 10
Cargo Capacity: 20 tonnes

Engine-
Modifiers: 3
Max. Class: Anti-Matter
Thrusters: 2x TR5, 8 x TR2

Hardpoints-
4 x Class 2: Equipped 2 x Behring M3A Laser Cannon
2 x Class 3: Equipped 2 x Talon Stalker Image Recognition missiles
1 x Class 4: Equipped 1x Behring M5A Laser Cannon (turret)

Similar to… Galaxy, Gea Transit, Humpback, Imperial Shuttle

Hey lorien, so you as a original backer can still get the full pirate pack? i am a veteran backer and i don't see it in the store.

if this is the case i would recommend icewind getting the pirate package through you. since its kinda the best of both worlds.

Yup, I still have access to it and will be more than happy to help him get it.

P.S: I had totally forgotten I had a heatware account and never asked anyone who dealt with me to add to it. :( Worst part is my inbox was literally full of messages from past deals and I just deleted them all last night to make room for other people asking for ship packages/upgrades. So now I can't even go back and spam people to add to it lol. Oh well, lesson learned.

Thanks JMacker for reminding me though.

Last edited:
A+ for buying from Lorien.

I just gifted him my Freelancer bundle, Aurora LX and gifted him $70 paypal.
He bought the Digi. Freelancer & Digi Colonel bundles for me and gave an extra skin with it.

He's very fast and honest. Thanks Lorien!

were getting SUPER close to hangar module release. excited.

Oh ya, i hope they release the brochure soon. to hold us over until the hanger launch. but i have a feeling its going to be delayed until a day or two before launch.

A+ for buying from Lorien.

I just gifted him my Freelancer bundle, Aurora LX and gifted him $70 paypal.
He bought the Digi. Freelancer & Digi Colonel bundles for me and gave an extra skin with it.

He's very fast and honest. Thanks Lorien!

and he plans on being a pirate... not sure how the honesty will help him :D

Thanks Lorien!
Glad to help!
and he plans on being a pirate... not sure how the honesty will help him :D

Shhh, don't want to give away my master plan. Every ship skin I gift is encoded with a unique serial number to make it easy to track the person and hunt them down in game. mwaahahahah. (Not true but It'd be pretty cool if it worked that way :D)

Okay, thanks for the info guys. I'll look at the pirate pack. I just really want a big ship to drive around. I don't know if you have every played Kinetic Void, but I spend hours building the biggest ship. Unfortunately, the game runs like crap after the building process, so you get about 5 fps even on 1280x720, but yeah; big ships. :D

Okay, thanks for the info guys. I'll look at the pirate pack. I just really want a big ship to drive around. I don't know if you have every played Kinetic Void, but I spend hours building the biggest ship. Unfortunately, the game runs like crap after the building process, so you get about 5 fps even on 1280x720, but yeah; big ships. :D

If you want a large(r) ship the Constellation is right up you alley but it might be out of your budget. The Rear Admiral package is $250.

If you want a large(r) ship the Constellation is right up you alley but it might be out of your budget. The Rear Admiral package is $250.

So, if I were to go through you how would it work? I gift you my $65 bounty hunter package, then I paypal you $185? And I can do this at anytime before official game launch, or no (even if it meant just getting store credit and buying the rear admiral pack myself)?

I think time limit is Nov 26 for these lti packages, after then I don't think lorien can get us them

So, if I were to go through you how would it work? I gift you my $65 bounty hunter package, then I paypal you $185?
Correct.

And I can do this at anytime before official game launch, or no (even if it meant just getting store credit and buying the rear admiral pack myself)?
See above, the LTI grandfathered in perk is only available until November 26th.

Good. Gives me time to decide if I want to put down money on this. I've been flip flopping back and forth for a bit now.

Correct.

See above, the LTI grandfathered in perk is only available until November 26th.

Thank you for the info, Lorien. You da man! Ill probably put the money down within the next month. I already purchased the physical map though.

I don't know if physical goods are giftable 'cause you could've saved the cash for that and applied it towards the Admiral package which also comes with a physical map.
What you could do is melt it yourself for store credit(if possible), buy some skins with those credits and gift those to me which I will then melt and apply towards the Admiral package.

V4A7x3I.jpg

Last edited:
Woohoo thanks to lorien I have replaced my aurora with the pirate cutlass pack :D look forward to shaking down others with my fellow [H] pirates

Finally having some time to catch up and read the jump point issues. I'm on issue 6 which was devoted to the Constellation. Found this pretty interesting (The red highlighting was done by me):

1z5DEi7.jpg

P.S: This has nothing to do with wanting people to get an itch to upgrade their pledges to a Constellation. No, it most definitely has nothing to do with that. :D

Last edited:
P.S: This has nothing to do with wanting people to get an itch to upgrade their pledges to a Constellation. No, it most definitely has nothing to do with that. :D

Tempting, but I have to leave something to strive towards getting in the actual game :p

Don't worry, those of us that own one will need crew for it. There is a nice kitchen where you can prepare snacks for the pilot and turret gunners!

In all seriousness, I will need a crew so my doors are open and I'm sure other's are as well.

P.S: You will be presented with a red shirt upon boarding.

Last edited:
Aarg- I'm so tempted to upgrade to Freelancer or Cutlass! We (backers) have until November, right?

Aarg- I'm so tempted to upgrade to Freelancer or Cutlass! We (backers) have until November, right?
Correct, November 26th. That's when the ability to buy packages/ships with LTI expires for Veteran and Original backers.

Last edited:
Back