Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

now go take a long long shower lol

i am melting my retaliator, super hornet, gladius, 325a-350r upgrade and spending $35 to get my 890 jump back, will hopefully get the 155 i need for the super hornet unmelting process soon.

i would rather have a bunch of those ships melted with the 890jump in my hangar. in case they wont unmelt by the time i have spare money to get the super back.

damn it, I finally got home and started downloading I was getting 11 MB/s and it said I had 30 minutes left. Made a drink and a sandwich came back and now it's downloading at 2 MB/s and I have an 1h:20m left. :eek:

Someone stole my high-speed pipe lol

damn it, I finally got home and started downloading I was getting 11 MB/s and it said I had 30 minutes left. Made a drink and a sandwich came back and now it's downloading at 2 MB/s and I have an 1h:20m left. :eek:

Someone stole my high-speed pipe lol

i downloaded at 5MB/s and cant load into the game due to connection failure when loading not too worried about tho the idris has no hangar and i only have the selfland from the mustangs lol so i have to wait until 890 is back in my hangar for me to get a decent hangar

Connection error problems.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/214578

Basically it says they are rebooting the servers every 30 minutes at the top and bottom of the hour. I was going fine for a good 20 minutes and then I can't get back in. So 30 minutes seems like not fast enough. Basically connect at :01 and :31 minutes past the hour and you should be able to play around at least for a little bit.

I had some time to play with the Cutlass Black and Omega, the Omega is pretty nimble and fast I tops out at 270, the Black tops out at 160 but feels much more stable. I like the center gun on it, it's a quick little cannon. I was just playing free flight mode so I can't say how they fair in combat. I can't imagine that the Omega will fair all that well since it's bigger than the M50 and built for racing lol.

Gratz wildace.

As for the cutlass black, I expected alot more out of it, since they described it as a nimble fighter. The aurora is more of a nimble fighter than the cutlass :( I hope they change it in a future patch.

The omega is a fun ship to zoom around in, but the guns don't work.

I had a chance to test Avenger now and.... my 325A feels like utterly pointless ship now.

EDIT:
I was now able to test Super Hornet and I just love that ship.

Hmm... I wonder if Mustang Delta would be nicer ship than Avenger.

Last edited:
:) just remember that we are still early in development. Some of this stuff could change, I have a feeling that some of the ships are just a bit to nimble at the moment. That's not taking into account that the fighters are going to take the spotlight considering it's primarily a combat module.

Personally I think if you have a $125 package or less it would be wise not to get attached to anything. That way you can always melt it and try out stuff until they make us bind the items to our account. That is of course if you are lucky enough not to have alpha bound to your package.

Nice, they have laser pistol working:
ibuCMHS5APD8dN.jpg

AC 1.0 has just given me a shitstorm of problems. Wouldn't download the update until I deleted the .version file. Then it would only load into a black screen after it was done, after waiting a few minutes sometimes the screen would flicker and I would see an image for a few seconds. Now it doesn't even want to load to the black screen. After I login to the client and click launch, the launcher disappears for a split second then just reappears. Maybe every 5 or 6 tries it will launch the star citizen logo image but it will just keep hanging there not loading.

I've tried setting the language as others have suggested doing a little searching, same with unchecking report errors to server, which a lot of people that fixed the black screen. I would really not like to re-download the whole thing as I had to download a big chunk already after deleting the .version file. anyone have any other ideas?

Delete user folder (StarCitizen\CitizenClient\USER) and reset launcher settings. That solved all my issues.

Delete user folder (StarCitizen\CitizenClient\USER) and reset launcher settings. That solved all my issues.

Didn't fix anything :( Had to click launch 4 times before it loaded the Star Citizen card looking loading image and just freezes on that. have to force close from there.

Considering reinstalling again. Deleted my entire install the last time the updater messed up. Lucky me, I don't have enough SSD space. Now I wish I bought one of those cheap SSDs a few weeks back. :p

I ended up just reinstalling and it's working fine now.

I just got a T.16000M shipped in today. Using the Thrustmaster target software profile for SC doesn't work. Does anyone have a .xml setup for this?

I am again not happy I backed this game. I loved wing commander 1 and 2 and Privateer so much as a kid. 60 something million in this game already and wouldn't be able to tell. Why did they call this arena commander 1.0? My avatars feet doesn't even touch the ground walking around my hanger. I'm glad I only spent about 70 bucks on this game because I don't have a good feeling about it so far and this is over 2 years into the development.

I am again not happy I backed this game. I loved wing commander 1 and 2 and Privateer so much as a kid. 60 something million in this game already and wouldn't be able to tell. Why did they call this arena commander 1.0? My avatars feet doesn't even touch the ground walking around my hanger. I'm glad I only spent about 70 bucks on this game because I don't have a good feeling about it so far and this is over 2 years into the development.
It's still pre alpha.

I doubt this game could come even close to disappointing me as bad as Elite: Dangerous. It already looks better and has much more potential. You can't get mad that alpha and beta software isn't up to par. They could have a shit ton of stuff done, but just not ready to release to the public.

ED on the other hand is "done", and is fucking horrible. I'm kicking myself for buying that game on a daily basis, and have already uninstalled it.

Why are you judging Arena Commander based upon avatar animations? How about waiting until FPS module 1.0 before you judge that....

If your ships have LTI I'll buy you out of the game :)

I borrowed some Omnisky lasers from my 325A to my Super Hornet and wow. It's just so fun ship to fly.

I'm thinking about melting my Avenger and check out at least Mustang Delta. I can melt it back and buy back the Avenger if I like it more.

i only flew the omega mustang so far as its the only fighter i own, didnt try the new loaner hornet or 300i

but the omega handles nice and does alright in swarm. would assume the delta is slower top speed but going to hit a hell of a lot harder, really want to be able to ccu an omega to a delta and get my super hornet back soon heh.

I bought the SH in the Anniversary Sale. I played it a couple of times, and it made me appreciate my 325A much more. I can't "spray and pray" with the 325, but when I hit, they feel it, unlike with the SH.

I look forward to checking out the Mustang Omega, but I'm not willing to play for 20 minutes between server resets. I'll wait until they fix the logon issue.

I bought the SH in the Anniversary Sale. I played it a couple of times, and it made me appreciate my 325A much more. I can't "spray and pray" with the 325, but when I hit, they feel it, unlike with the SH.

This doesn't make any sense to me or were you not aware that you can put the same kinds of weapons a 325A has on a Hornet and viceversa? Before they removed the nose guns from all Hornets you could load a Super Hornet with a total of 8 Omniskys. I should also mention that you could pretty much one shot Auroras with that load out before they nerfed those guns, that's what sparked all the inferiority complex suffering whiners to cry "Wahhhh pay to win, wahhh" everywhere lol. Oh and don't forget that you can also put the G220 gats on any 300 series and make it a spray and pray kind of ship too.

Last edited:
From everything I'm seeing everyone pretty much is saying the Super Hornet is is "death", even without the Mantis Gats.

This doesn't make any sense to me or were you not aware that you can put the same kinds of weapons a 325A has on a Hornet and viceversa? Before they removed the nose guns from all Hornets you could load a Super Hornet with a total of 8 Omniskys. I should also mention that you could pretty much one shot Auroras with that load out before they nerfed those guns, that's what sparked all the inferiority complex suffering whiners to cry "Wahhhh pay to win, wahhh" everywhere lol. Oh and don't forget that you can also put the G220 gats on any 300 series and make it a spray and pray kind of ship too.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but....

1) You have to (at least I did) reconfigure the ship every time you want to play it, and I hate the Holotable that much. No. Actually, I hate it more than that. And,

2) I only have the 325A, so I don't have 8 Omniskys.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but....

1) You have to (at least I did) reconfigure the ship every time you want to play it, and I hate the Holotable that much. No. Actually, I hate it more than that. And,

Yeah the holotable is a hard sell for some (I personally like it tho lol) but equipment managing should/will get ironed out later on. We will eventually have the ability to create loadout profiles for our ships that will automatically swap equipment and weapons before running missions.

2) I only have the 325A, so I don't have 8 Omniskys.

The only solution to that is to BUY MOAR SHIPS, lol. But seriously, soon we will also have the ability to earn volatile credits and use em to buy ships for use in AC. We will also have the ability to loan ships to others. So many cool things coming down the line, I don't blame people for thinking it not being possible but we will get there.

And the fact you can lock multiple on one target :D

Wait wait wait. You mean to tell me we are one step closer to Macross style swarm missiles? Imagine a Track IR/Oculus VR system that let you lock on a target by blinking or whatever eye gesture you program it to do. :cool:

KhfAHQr.jpg

Last edited:
Just tested relative mode again and it works actually REALLY well now. It makes MASSIVE difference for ships like 325A, aiming is no longer a problem.

By the way, the hand gun is rather effective. It doesn't take that many shots to bust your own ship:
starcitizen2014-12-23onsgd.jpg

Lol:
starcitizen2014-12-23v9y89.png

Last edited:
Back