Stalker SoC what are Propane and ethane used for?

I don't think you need it for anything. You might as well drop it.

The only real use they have is setting up traps and such (they explode). I bet they were left in the game but whatever real use they had never made the cut.

Don't know the answer to your question BUT I find increasing the weight limit in Stalker essential to a less frustrating game. It's trivial to do as well all you need to do is make two edits.

Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\system.ltx
Find max_weight, edit current value to 8000 (or w/e 5000, or 50000).

Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\creatures\actor.ltx
Find max_item_mass, edit current value to match the value you entered in max_weight in system.ltx

Based on OPs linked screenshot he's already done that- 300 kg is a lot of gear.

While you're at it, you might as well tote around the 55 gal drum you can pick up at the top of the tower in the Army Warehouses. Could come in handy.

Actually they are really handy because you can kill people with them without them attributing the kill to you. For example you get a mission to kill someone at the freedom base and if you stick one beside him then hit it a couple times from cover with a silenced gun you can blow him up, completing the mission and not alienating Freedom. Save first though, can take a couple tries :D

Don't know the answer to your question BUT I find increasing the weight limit in Stalker essential to a less frustrating game. It's trivial to do as well all you need to do is make two edits.

Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\system.ltx
Find max_weight, edit current value to 8000 (or w/e 5000, or 50000).

Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\creatures\actor.ltx
Find max_item_mass, edit current value to match the value you entered in max_weight in system.ltx

Sorry for the slight necro, but this didn't work for me. Shows up in-game as being able to carry 300 kg (as I set each of those to 300) but after I hit about 70 kg I am unable to move and it says I am carrying to much to move anymore. :confused:

EDIT: I figured it out. There is one other variable you have to change in actor.ltx that was not mentioned. It's called "max_walk_weight", and you want to change it to a number slightly above the other two. For instance I used 350 when the other two were 300.

Last edited:
Back