SSD's more expensive then 3 months ago?

Sikkyu

I Question Reality
I was looking at SSD's a few months ago and remember 120-160GB SSD's for 2-300$ bucks now the cheapest im finding them are closer to 400-500?

did something happen with memory that I missed? because 200 bucks for a 60 gb HD is pointless. its not 1999. Hell I was looking at a raid 0 ssd setup for about 500 bucks that was with 2x 120-160gb hd's to replace my 320 gb HD.

I am sad that these seemed to have doubled in price instead of dropping 10-20%

Depends on which SSD's you're talking about.

Though I'm willing to bet that you were looking at the low-end SSDs a few months ago and are now looking at the high-end SSDs now.

Depends on which SSD's you're talking about.

Though I'm willing to bet that you were looking at the low-end SSDs a few months ago and are now looking at the high-end SSDs now.

i was specifically looking at the OCZ agility and vertex series HD's and they seem to be alot more expensive. I remember newegg listing 1 or 2 hd's in teh 2-300 range with more then 100 gb, but now its 80 as the max, with 300-400 being still kinda lower quality stuff.

either way I would be willing to spend 2-2.5 dollars a gb but any more then that and im thinking id just go with dual 300 gb raptors.

this is a "want" upgrade not a need so im kinda meh about the whole thing

Samsung F3 drives are pretty fast also if you are going with raid 0 option but really a single ssd will still kick a pair of raptors butt.

Back