SSD Performance Drop?

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
These measurements were taken within about 3 weeks of each other, latest being today. What's with the big drop? Is this the "steady state" drop that is supposed to happen? The first was taken shortly after I got the drive and had installed my programs and games.

I haven't really done anything else to the system since then as far as program installations or file creation.

I mean the drive is still fast, but Windows is taking longer to load than it did when I first installed the drive, etc.

EnmJW.png

m6JL7.png

Make sure you turn off everything before the test, close all process/programs.

How often do you have to run the Samsung tool?

Just ran it. New bench.

0upNb.png

The numbers from the Anvil test don't change. I've done the Samsung Mag Tool. No help. I checked my BIOS, it seems like everything is on AHCI. I haven't changed anything since the drop in performance.

In another thread I posted that my drive will not take a firmware change. It will not recognize the files as firmware and will not respond to them.

I'm getting kinda mad over it. Should be simple operations, but noOooooooOO!

BTW I've been working on computers for years, have a degree in EE. But this. This is maddening. It's my first foray into SSD home drives. I don't get what's going on with this.

Let the SSD on idle, check in control panel power plan to high performance, and make sure HDD turn off is set to never.

After 1 hour, re run the test...with everything turned off from the background. How much free space you got?

I haven't changed any driver. I see that though. How would I check that, device manager?

I would assume it's some software you've installed in between tests.

d81f4.png

FIXED! It was that I had uninstalled Intel RST for some reason. Hence the iAStorA 11.x.x driver missing.

EDIT: Also I was able to install new FW. I had been looking for the two individual files I needed, rather than just selecting Desktop where I had saved the files. DUH!

Last edited:
Good to hear you fixed it.

My golden rule about these things is - Does it still feel as fast? If so don't worry about it.

Get on with your real work instead of sweating over benchmarks.

Back