SSD on Sata 3Gb/s vs 6Gb/s?

///AMG

2[H]4U
I have a question I have a Samsung 830 256gb SSD that I got recently. I know my X58 motherboard doesn't have sata 6Gb/s, does it matter all that much performance wise to run on sata 3Gb/s vs 6Gb/s? I know the 3Gb/s cant handle the full read/write speed, but other than that is there a big difference? I just wanted to know if I should bother maybe replacing my Motherboard and Processor so I can Sata 6Gb/s though I dont really seem to need anything faster at the current moment.

Look, this guy ran AS SSD on this Samsung 830. It looks pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PlBfm-LrY

If you were already planning on building a new rig, you could add 6 Gb/s support to the list of reasons, but would I personally build a new rig in order to get SATA III support? No way! It's just not worth it. Your SSD will still get insanely fast speeds with small files even on SATA II, that's what counts.

Look, this guy ran AS SSD on this Samsung 830. It looks pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PlBfm-LrY

If you were already planning on building a new rig, you could add 6 Gb/s support to the list of reasons, but would I personally build a new rig in order to get SATA III support? No way! It's just not worth it. Your SSD will still get insanely fast speeds with small files even on SATA II, that's what counts.

Thanks, I don't know if I want to build a new rig right now. My 930 does so well for the last 2 years, I havent ever said to myself "Wow it's getting really slow, I can't load things fast enough anymore." I think I am more GPU bottle necked these days in games than I am CPU, so I dont have to upgrade my CPU/Mobo, I would rather not and spend it on a new GPU. However if a new CPU/Mobo just absolutely improves everything massively I might.

Unless you're planning on doing a ton of file transfer to and from the SSD quite often, you honestly wouldn't notice a difference between SATA 3.0GB/s and 6.0GB/s

Back