ssd needs some reviving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syncopied

Limp Gawd
i had a power outage and my SSDs were not working. (nor is my motherboard but that's a different story)

They were detectable on the BIOS but would not boot. I plugged them into an external USB to another computer and they would show correctly on CrystalDiskInfo but on Disk Management in Win 10 they would not show up correctly and instead show a large 16 tb drive with MBR instead of the correct size with GPT

Now I read about power cycling to rebuild the MBR or GPT and I did that with them. My 512 gb SSD is now readable but my 2 larger drives - 4tb x2 and 8tb x1, all SSDs, still are the same. I suspect this means they need longer to rebuild. Does anyone have an estimate of how long? And does it really matter that I have to do that power cycle thing twice (30 min power, off 30 sec, then 30 min power, then off 30 sec)?

on a side note my mobo is half fried and I need advice on fixing it too: https://hardforum.com/threads/motherboard-issues-after-power-outage.2014677/

someone somewhere else told me that my USB enclosure board was not capable of handling 4K drives and was still using 512 byte sectors. when I fixed my motherboard all of my drives showed up again, working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back