SR-IOV Will Not be Supported by the 30 Series after all

Mylex

Gawd
They gave the wrong answer during the Q&A, I thought at the time reading that something was wrong with Nvidia but I will take it vs being charged. Well a few days later it seems the spokes person that said it would be supported was given bad information..... Ugh there goes my workstation card I was going to have my company pay for. Curses if it weren't for those little brats!!!!

Ryan Smith
Sorry gang, bad news on the GeForce SR-IOV front. NVIDIA got back to me this afternoon and let me know that they erred on answering my SR-IOV question. SR-IOV support is not coming to GeForce cards. The hardware supports it, but it won't be enabled in the GeForce software

Attachments

• SR-IOV.JPG
    SR-IOV.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
Which Q&A? I thought Ryan's twitter was the one that broke the story of support in the first place?

At the very least, with WSL2, Linux guest GPU apps can run as a GPU app on a Windows host. Hopefully the reverse can be true down the line :D

Which Q&A? I thought Ryan's twitter was the one that broke the story of support in the first place?

At the very least, with WSL2, Linux guest GPU apps can run as a GPU app on a Windows host. Hopefully the reverse can be true down the line :D
It could have been his Twitter account but for some reason I thought I got it from the Q&A they had on Reddit.

Well this specific tidbit just made my use of a white box win10 based Dev box for infrastructure sanity testing more reasonable.

Also makes my argument to use budget to buy a couple 3090 for data science group workstations not so crazy.

Sucks that I've had to teach DS basic Linux cli, now I need to make sure they don't bork WSL workflows if anyone but me demands a 3090.

It could be as simple as not recognizing which VS Code window is attached to which OS.......

Back