• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SR-2 with 2 different procs

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Apr 25, 2001
Messages
16,142
Would it be possible to run an SR-2 with say an L5639 and a L5640? Would it just drop the multi to the L5639 multi for both if it works?
 
In theory, yes it will work. You should get the lower of the two multipliers (16x?) and the lower of the two turbos (1x.) I know a couple did this with a hex core and a quad core with varying success (jebo and vaulter are the two I am thinking of - jebo's worked, but vaulters did not.) I don't think we have had anyone try it with two different hexes. The good news is, those two chips are both low-power units. That probably helps you. Give it a try and see.
 
Also, if it doesn't work at first switch the chips int eh sockets.

Someone did a similar thing with G34 system and the mobo was picky about what chip was in what socket.
 
Also, if it doesn't work at first switch the chips int eh sockets.

Someone did a similar thing with G34 system and the mobo was picky about what chip was in what socket.

I think the distinction is that the G34 technical specification makes clear provisions for the system matching P-States on mismatched chips, until now I hadn't heard anything about this being possible on 1366. I look forward to seeing how this goes.
 
Back
Top