Square Enix Market Value Plummets By $2 Billion After Final Fantasy 16 Release

Sad. Loved Deus Ex Human Revolution. Writing was on the wall when Mankind Divided released and was half a story with cash shop....on a single player game. Not to mention that horrendous pre-order campaign. I don't really think I've looked at Square Enix since.

One of my favorite game series over the past 13 years. They have not cancelled them, but they were shoved aside for the horrible Avengers game. Guardians of the Galaxy was actually great, my hope is they will finish the story of Deus Ex now that they are separated from Square.

The ironic thing is that Deus Ex Mankind Divided failed to meet sales goals exactly because Square Enix's ill conceived pre-order scheme.

The bigger issue is the game was an absolutely buggy mess on PC when it released. Took them a few months to fix it.

The bigger issue is the game was an absolutely buggy mess on PC when it released. Took them a few months to fix it.
I don't remember that at all. I checked my original blog post about the game that I've written when it came out, and I did not mention bugs at all. So it could not have been that bad.

Apparently game time (the demand side) is limited and its mostly taken up by old games such as fortnite/roblox, so rest of the gaming industry (the supply side) has to adjust to it

This is the reason Square Enix is trying to increase the addressable area of the market by ditching PlayStation exclusivity.

(Another option is to decrease costs such as platform commission like Epic is fighting for )

Check this twitter thread for detailed analysis:

https://x.com/JNavok/status/1793779717813723521

Back