Square Enix confirms..... Uh Oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that the DS will the be the other console it heads to. From the way it's worded it doesn't sound like the 360 will get it... yet.

It states that FFXIII won’t be exclusive to the PS3, it already is not exclusive. Fabula nova crystalis is the series that that is FFXIII is based on and will have multiple games, one is being made for a handheld the others no one knows as they aren’t even announced yet.

Or this could be like your last "UK launch is a disaster" thread that got closed and turned out to be wrong based on some kids keychain digi cam pic, please stop posting flame bait.

Wasn't there a recent news story about Square purchasing the Unreal 3 engine? I seem to recall that, and aftewards a lot of people figured it meant the next FF would be going multi-platform. If so I'm not going to be surprised.

It states that FFXIII won’t be exclusive to the PS3, it already is not exclusive. Fabula nova crystalis is the series that that is FFXIII is based on and will have multiple games, one is being made for a handheld the others no one knows as they aren’t even announced yet.

Or this could be like your last "UK launch is a disaster" thread that got closed and turned out to be wrong based on some kids keychain digi cam pic, please stop posting flame bait.

Yes. Total flame bait.
Its called news. Fan+Boy.

Ah yes and that other thread was closed due to people like you whining about your precious console, get a life.:rolleyes:

Well, the fan BOYS will whine and complain, but the truth is, this would be bad news for Sony.

PS3 exclusives are still being pulled left and right. It's simple business on the part of the video game producers. Unfortunately, this will hurt the PS3's ability to gain any more momentum.

If Sony loses MGS4... bad times, indeed.

I never played MGS or FF....i figure all games should go multi-platform anyways for the consumer. I guess the ones produced by Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo wont do that but I see no reason for 3rd parties not to.

I read this yesterday, and those articles don't say really say anything that important.

There will be several games in the Fabula Nova Crystalis series on multiple platforms. They will be set in the same universe albeit they will be completely different games, which is nothing new from Square(FF: Crystal Chronicles, FFXII: Revenant Wings, Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories).

So as far as we know until something else is announced........

The PS3 will get the main game and versus

The Wii/DS/PSP will get spin-offs/gaidens

The 360 will get an MMO
Cell phones will get FF Agito XIII(So should anyone be afraid the console that they purchased might lose its most popular franchises to cell phones?)

But on another note, is it that big of a deal? Does a game somehow become less enjoyable because it isn't an exclusive?

Yes. Total flame bait.

Ah yes and that other thread was closed due to people like you whining about your precious console, get a life.:rolleyes:
define irony

going multi-console is good for gamers.
how could anyone consider this "bad" news?

I'd define this as bad news simply because it's likely to start the !!!!!! wars of 2007 which could potential end humanity as we know it!

:D

define irony

going multi-console is good for gamers.
how could anyone consider this "bad" news?

Simple question to answer. Because The PS3 is still playing catch-up to the 360 and Wii, it needs a few blockbuster exclusive titles to encourage adoption of their system. We all agree that cross-platform is good for us, but each company needs a few exclusives to make their respective console worth buying. Aside from a few differences, the reality is that the PS3 and 360 are largely capable of providing the same gaming experience so ultimately it will be the software and a few intangibles (such as Home v. XBL) that will make one console worth owning compared to the other.

Imagine if Gears of War came out for the PS3, PC, and 360. It would have been great for gamers but Microsoft would have lost a title that has been a system-seller for the Xbox 360. The reality is that GOW is as important to Microsoft's success right now as Zelda or Mario are to Nintendo.

deception``

I think the market is just leveling out. 3rd party developers are learning that they have nothing to gain by being exclusive. There are 3 major hardware players right now. In order to turn a good profit on a game, they need to reach more consumers. Is it the death of the PS3? I don't thing so, but I do think that their market share will be deminished because competitors have now come on strong and Sony is no longer the 800 pound gorilla of the console world. Why would a developer not go multi-platform? Why should Square-Enix stay only with PlayStation with their top Final Fantasy games?

None of this is a knockout punch for Sony now, its just not the only big player in the market anymore. If a company is going to come out truely dominant in the gaming market, we probably won't know for a few years. My guess though, is that this generation will be the generation of true multi-platform gaming. Which, as has been said, is good for us.

He has already stated that Nintendo fans ought to watch the upcoming event, so my bet on on the NDS.

I love how people spin news just to sprout rumors about BS.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/18/final-fantasy-xiii-series-not-exclusive-to-ps3-and-mobile-360/

Toriyama has merely reaffirmed that, like Final Fantasy VII, the FFXIII brand will be spun into an array of disparate shards, conveniently linked by a popular title. We may yet see a spin-off on 360 -- or even a port of the PS3 games -- but don't jump to that conclusion based on the PSM interview. Yes, we've still got Haeresis (and possibly Dissidia) without a home, but either DS or PSP, or dare we say Blu-ray, DVD, and UMD, are just as valid destinations as Xbox 360 -- don't count out PlayStation 2 or Wii either. Given all the fuss that Final Fantasy rouses, Square Enix would do best to deliver on all of 'em.

The basic is that the so far announced titles are heading to the respective platoforms. There are two more titles within the series that have been announced but not have had a platform announced to go with them. These could find their way to the X360 but as it stands and probably will always stay, Final Fantasy XIII is a Playstation 3 Exclusive. I see no reason for Square to bring a large title such as Final Fantasy to the X360 considering its already behind the PS3 in Japan and Europe aswell as its last effort to bring a Final Fantasy to the X360 was a failure in sales worldwide.

I see no reason for Square to bring a large title such as Final Fantasy to the X360 considering its already behind the PS3 in Japan and Europe.
Japan, yes - but then the PS3 is being smashed by the Wii there anyway. Europe, no. PS3 has a long way to go before it catches up to the 360 there.

Besides that, FF sells most in the US. Always has.

I've always said that the only people who value exclusive games (other than f@nbois:p ) are the console makers. Even if they pay under the table to "encourage' exclusivity it won't be enough to make good business sense to the game makers. Developers have to take into account that there will be many gamers who only have one console...if they don't reach those gamers then not only are they throwing money away from a missed sale but also it's really hard to get someone hooked on a game series if they have never played one of your games.;)

edit- I can see that in the future..if Sony or MS (or even Nintendo to a lesser degree) wants to have exclusives they will either have to make them theirselves or buy out the game studio that has what they want..

I've always said that the only people who value exclusive games (other than f@nbois:p ) are the console makers. Even if they pay under the table to "encourage' exclusivity it won't be enough to make good business sense to the game makers. Developers have to take into account that there will be many gamers who only have one console...if they don't reach those gamers then not only are they throwing money away from a missed sale but also it's really hard to get someone hooked on a game series if they have never played one of your games.;)

edit- I can see that in the future..if Sony or MS (or even Nintendo to a lesser degree) wants to have exclusives they will either have to make them theirselves or buy out the game studio that has what they want..

Exclusives sell consoles, which one is one reason the PS3 is selling poorly so far. There just aren't many exclusives for the PS3 that warrant the higher pricepoint, and the 360 has some very good exclusives itself, including the best next gen game out, Gears of War, and surely one of the best selling games that'll come out on the 360, Halo 3.

Exclusives sell consoles, which one is one reason the PS3 is selling poorly so far. There just aren't many exclusives for the PS3 that warrant the higher pricepoint, and the 360 has some very good exclusives itself, including the best next gen game out, Gears of War, and surely one of the best selling games that'll come out on the 360, Halo 3.

qft

Yes. Total flame bait.
Its called news. Fan+Boy.

Why sure its called news and you love posting anything against sony which I find odd. :rolleyes: Your last thread ended bad because you started calling everyone fan****. However your mistaken about this news bit. Unfortunatley your sensationalist headline is misleading there will be an FFXIII exclusive to Ps3, however there are multiple FFXIII's which is stated many times and it was never stated that they would all be exclusive, there is nothing news worthy. I know you had hoped for another DMC esque thread.

Anyways here you go ->

http://www.jeux-france.com/news19962.html

Babelfish French>English translation
-----------------------------------------

Shinji Hashimoto of Square Enix gave some details on the project Fabula Nova Crystallis at the time of an interview with the Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream, the person in charge indicates to us as well as the world of Final Fantasy XIII will be spread out over 10 years, a long period a little with the manner of the saga Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings. Hashimoto also announces that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers on Wii, for which one has very few details, will exploit the Wii controller fully, and recalls that Square Enix will make important advertisements of still unknown plays at the time of the Public garden Enix Party 2007 (May 12 and 13 next), Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa, by specifying (with a smile) that the fans of Nintendo and Enix Public garden should follow very close the event Square Enix Party the 2007 month next. In addition, the Japanese magazine Gamelabo publishes in its heading rumours rather interesting information which relates to Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky on Nintendo DS, apparently, it would be possible for the player to transfer the monsters which it will have raised on Nintendo DS towards Wii, information to be taken with tweezers of course. Lastly, the Japanese magazine Famitsu Wii & DS deliver its predictions to us on the next grosses left on Wii and Nintendo DS. According to them, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed black book on Nintendo DS could leave during July to Japan, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Boxing ring of Fates in August, Super Mario Galaxy on Wii in October, Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky in November, and Super Bros Smash. Brawl on Wii in December. Last information to enclose this News dedicated to Square Enix, it would seem that Final Fantasy: Anniversary Edition on PSP, which left today to Japan and which is scheduled for next 26 June in the United States, contains already an option making it possible to activate the English subtitles as these images prove it.

X360 is already behind the PS3 in Japan and Europe...

Does anyone know of any site that shows sales figures in Europe? Not that stupid console wars site; that seems to be nothing more than an educated guess. I know the PS3 had a good launch, but I thought the 360 had sold many more units on that side of the pond. Anyway, I was just curious as to whether there are any sites where reliable information can be found on this kind of stuff.

Why sure its called news and you love posting anything against sony which I find odd. :rolleyes: Your last thread ended bad because you started calling everyone fan****. However your mistaken about this news bit. Unfortunatley your sensationalist headline is misleading there will be an FFXIII exclusive to Ps3, however there are multiple FFXIII's which is stated many times and it was never stated that they would all be exclusive, there is nothing news worthy. I know you had hoped for another DMC esque thread.

Anyways here you go ->

Crack kills.
I posted a link, and somehow I'm mistaken for saying what exactly?

I'm sorry this news is making you cry inside. I'm sorry you love sony so much, you want to convince me i hate them because i posted something that is all over the internet.

GET A LIFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back