Sprint Replacement

JoshuaaT

n00b
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
18
I am currently using a Sprint Palm Pre. It is starting to get the infamous spider cracks. My phone is now discontinued. Will Sprint be able to replace it or will I have to choose a similar valued phone?
 
If they have any lying around, you might get a refurb of that phone. but ymmv.
 
Last edited:
Sprint will have Pres around for at LEAST the next 2 years. From a former Sprint tech and salesman, you have my word on this one. The only relatively recent phone that they just stopped refurbing and moved to the next model was the Touch Pro.
 
In case you don't believe entropism for some reason I have first hand experience. Just traded in my pre about 2 months ago due to some other issue.
 
Yeah I traded mine in a month ago for a faulty speaker, probably going to trade this one in soon because the charging port is a little loose, and I'm pretty sure they speaker is crapping out on this one.
 
The only way around this would be if you had 4 replacements in 90 days, they'd give you the option of a NEW Pre, or a refurb of a model of their choosing. I believe the options for the Pre replacement would be the Pixi, a Blackberry (I believe the 8530), and maybe the Hero. I'm a few months removed from working at Sprint, so don't quote me on the exact models, but they will be pretty shitty phones. The days of getting a free upgrade due to a crappy phone is pretty much over with.
 
Back
Top