Spring loaded handle...

I was bored today so i added a spring loaded handle to my ITX case...Tried out my new Hand Riveter
riveter.jpg
itx case handle.jpg
itx case.jpg
itx case handle under neat.jpg

Last edited:
nice. you put any thing for a backer?
No i didnt. I try to also use Rivets as much as i can compare to screws since they are stronger and cleaner. Also you see its attach to the edge(where you see the line). that edge is much thicker/stronger
rivets 2.jpg

No i didnt. I try to also use Rivets as much as i can compare to screws since they are stronger and cleaner. Also you see its attach to the edge(where you see the line). that edge is much thicker/strongerView attachment 248823
if its not twisting the case thats good but it looks like your holes might have been a bit big. three look like they are trying to pull through. last time i did this i put a backer plate to add some rigidity.

if its not twisting the case thats good but it looks like your holes might have been a bit big. three look like they are trying to pull through. last time i did this i put a backer plate to add some rigidity.
I did drill i little bit big..lol but it is very secure no bending/twisting. Happy with it :)

Those rivets need to be redone. They aren't far enough through the holes. I know the location was probably not helpful, but those need to be done again.

nice !

a consideration I have when mounting a handle is the case hitting my knee while I carry it.
your setup looks like you have decent knee clearance, is this so ?

a steel case has less need for a backing plate than does a aluminium case.

Back