Splinter Cell: Conviction

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
Picked it up the other day, loving every minute of it so far. I like Co-Op mode too, very nice.

Your thoughts?

It was an enjoyable rental. I liked the gameplay and the story. Only had time to play on co-op mission with sister in-law's boyfriend, it was pretty cool.

I would like to buy it at some point for the Deniable Ops and co-op, but will only do so one of two ways:

A) They choose to change the DRM for the PC version and move away from the always-on restriction; I will then buy it on PC.

B) Should they not change the DRM scheme I may buy it used on Half.com or craigslist if I find a good price so as not to give the company the sale.

I had a buddy in town and picked it up for us to play and we both loved it. We passed the controller back and forth and beat the single player and also beat the coop. My only complaint is I would have love to see them bring back Mercs vs Spys from the Pandora game for multiplayer. That is still one of the most unique multiplayers I have ever played and would love to see an expansion on it.

I expressed my doubts in an earlier thread after I tried the demo, but this was a pretty damn good game. Some complained that the single player campaign was way too short but it took me about a week (tried to keep casualties and detections to a minimum).
*SPOILERS* White Box and Third Echelon missions are my new, all-time favorites (the latter is a bitch at the start since detections result in an instant fail but it's a real homage to those who loved the CIA or LAX levels from the first two Splinter Cells). I HATED the Iraq level as it felt like a mission ripped out of GRAW or MW2 and placed in for filler. Sure, you got to play as Coste in that level but I feel that content should have been deemed worthy as a cutscene only.

Oh, and remember Amon Tobin's work from Chaos Theory? Apparently, Ubisoft hired him again to create some of the background music for a couple of scenes in this game as well. I don't know which scenes but Tobin fans will probably be able to pick out his compositions while playing Conviction.

I don't want to say I'm in love with this game or anything, but I definitely have a crush on it. It's like playing the 'Arkham Asylum: With Guns' edition. I enjoyed, but never completed the other Splinter Cell's, sorta hated Double Agent, and always felt the controls got in the way of the fun.

Not here. This is a smooth controlling game and the fun is right there to be had. Even when I died 15 times getting through the Infiltrate Third Echelon level, it was because I was F'ing up, not because the game was cheating. Although I do think the sight lines get a titch screwy in that level, but whatever.

Tons of fun. Can't wait to play the Co-op. Wish I'd bought it instead of borrowed it. Hanging off of ledges and pulling people to their death never ever gets old. Nor does throwing them off of tall places onto things.

One of my favorite things to do is shoot a guy in the head then camp his body and wait for his buddy to come along and express his condolences to his fallen comrade.

Usually goes something like this:

"Oh man, what happened, don't worry buddy, I'll find the guy who did this to yo-*THWIP* -thump-

::next guy wanders over::
"Oh shit what happened? Hey we got a man down over he- *THWIP* -thump-

Rinse, repeat, till all out of curious guards.

I'm loving this game too. Roommate and I plowed through the entire co-op in two nights. Played most of the Hunted game. I played through almost all of the single player, except my game got corrupted and I cried, so i started over :( I neeed to beat it.

we got it and it's pretty good.......willl play it this upcoming weekend some more

I played the coop for a few hours with my little brother tonight -- we beat the first 2 missions. I had a lot of fun. I enjoyed the stealth aspect of the second mission the best -- took a lot of cooperation to get us both through undetected. I haven't tried any of the campaign yet, but it's a breath of fresh air to see some decent split screen coop -- it seems like they are phasing it out in a lot of games. The vertical split screen setup works surprisingly well in this game.

Back