Splinter Cell: Conviction (DX11)

So am I. I bought the old versions just to get a fix, but this new game just has me sweating bullets until it's release. Maybe by then I'll have a dx11 card.

Wait a few more months for patches. Games from Ubisuck ship with more bugs and crashes than STALKER.

Cannot wait for this! Double Agent was an ok game. Chaos Theory was the all around best IMO. If this thing can simply equal the quality of Chaos Theory while doing its own thing, I'll be thrilled!

I guess.. I thought it looked worse than Chaos Theory and lacked widescreen support, and sometimes the controls wouldn't work. Maybe it was just me.

It was more glitchy and there were a few too many "beat this clock!" missions for my taste but an overall good game.

I guess.. I thought it looked worse than Chaos Theory and lacked widescreen support, and sometimes the controls wouldn't work. Maybe it was just me.

I hated the fourth; I think Chaos Theory was fantastic though. I think that is the pinnacle of the series so far, hopefully this one delivers.

It was more glitchy and there were a few too many "beat this clock!" missions for my taste but an overall good game.

Exactly how I felt about it.

*sigh* Splinter Cell is must buy material for me so I hope they get it all the way right this time. To me, everything is looking pretty good so far. I'm excited.

And if nvidia doesn't have a DX11 card out by then they will patch it to DX9 only. :p

I jest. Seriously though, it's an Ubisoft game so I'm not even close to excited.

Ubisoft Montreal: Splinter Cell, SC: Chaos Theory, Conviction.
Ubisoft Shanghai: Pandora Tomorrow, Double Agent.

That alone should tell you something....

Co-op looks cool, except the trailer is incredibly bright. They are stealthing around the buildings in plain sight, it's really weird coming from Chaos Theory where you can't see jack shit

Hopefully we can count on this logic producing something worthwhile; I miss the good Splinter Cell games..

^^ It tells me I should expect possibly the new all time pinnacle in the series and be very excited. :)

Past that, it tells me that if I don't see a Splinter Cell game done by Ubisoft Montreal that I probably shouldn't bother with it, although Pandora was decent.

Pandora Tomorrow's multiplayer was the shit though. Was that developed by Montreal?

I can't even imagine it.

Of course YOU can. Weren't you having a lot of problems with FO3 back in the day? :)

Of course YOU can. Weren't you having a lot of problems with FO3 back in the day? :)

Ah...gotta point. Even these days, I still have FO3 crash on me on varying occasions. I wouldn't know what it was to play that game without some kind of interruption.

Ah...gotta point. Even these days, I still have FO3 crash on me on varying occasions. I wouldn't know what it was to play that game without some kind of interruption.

That's me and Oblivion, after I modded the shit out of it. :(

There is nothing on their forums or site about DX11 support, can you provide proof of that OP?

Does anyone know about pricing for the PC version of the Collector's Edition? Also, will Ubi actually be selling it? Their SC page links directly to GameStop for the pre-order (though the PC CE wasn't listed) and I want to avoid GameStop as much as possible.

Does anyone know about pricing for the PC version of the Collector's Edition? Also, will Ubi actually be selling it? Their SC page links directly to GameStop for the pre-order (though the PC CE wasn't listed) and I want to avoid GameStop as much as possible.

The PC CE is only in non-US territories. They haven't announced one for the US. The only US CE right now is on the 360.

If this is anything like double agent it will suck....HARD! Having played every release of the SC franchise, it was appalling to see how far they had fallen from the first iteration's original roots and vision.

yeah no kidding. why the OP would mention DX11 in the title yet not show one thing that indicates its actually DX11 makes no freaking sense.

What's even more funny is no one caught on to that until about about two pages into the thread.

What's even more funny is no one caught on to that until about about two pages into the thread.
well I thought it sounded odd because I certainly had never heard about this game being DX11. I thought maybe I was just missing it on the site somewhere so I didnt say anything until others mentioned it. really the OP needs to be smacked for putting that in the title and showing no evidence of DX11.

well I thought it sounded odd because I certainly had never heard about this game being DX11. I thought maybe I was just missing it on the site somewhere so I didnt say anything until others mentioned it. really the OP needs to be smacked for putting that in the title and showing no evidence of DX11.

I should have ended my previous post with this: ;) Just so no one thought I was being heavy handed about it or anything. :)

I caught it right away and went looking for proof. Came up empty handed and decided to ask.

Sorry I may have jumped the gun, but I found this, not confirmed though.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=103614
follow thread down

http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1150954.htm

After the DirectX 10, Microsoft released a DirectX 11 with Direct3D 11 Preview that also announced support for the Games for DX11. DirectX 11 for Windows Vista and the main Windows 7, an increase of a lot of new features and support of open standards. DirectX 11 with Direct3D 11 is the preview version in March 2009 version of DirectX, this version can install on Windows 7, the installation will be displayed after the DirectX 11. XP installed in the show on DirectX 9.

DX11 Supporting the Games are as follows:

* "Splinter Cell: conviction" (Splinter Cell: Conviction)
* "Dust 2" (Dirt 2)
* "Need for Speed 13: variable" (Need for Speed: Shift)
* "Crysis" new (Crysis Next)
* "BioShock 2" (Bioshock 2)
* "Mafia 2" (Mafia II)
* "Half-Life 2 Part III" (Half-Life 2 Ep3)
* "Dragon's Century: The origin of" (Dragon Age Origins)
* "Mass Effect 2" (Mass Effect 2)
* "Two Worlds 2" (Two World's 2)
* "StarCraft 2: Wings of Freedom" (StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty)

From post 4. Very interesting. Thanks for the links. :)

wow I had no idea some of those games were supporting DX11. I am surprised Assassins Creed 2 didnt get any DX11 features considering the first one was DX10.1 when released.

They're not. The list is shit. From that post these are all wrong:

Need for Speed Shift
Bioshock 2
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 2
Two Worlds 2
Starcraft 2
Half-Life Episode 3 (Presumably. They would either have to make a new engine or it or do some major rewriting of Source)

The only ones on that list with actual DX11 support are:

Crysis 2
Dirt 2

I'm not sure about Mafia 2, but I don't believe it has DX11.

They're not. The list is shit. From that post these are all wrong:

Need for Speed Shift
Bioshock 2
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect 2
Two Worlds 2
Starcraft 2
Half-Life Episode 3 (Presumably. They would either have to make a new engine or it or do some major rewriting of Source)

The only ones on that list with actual DX11 support are:

Crysis 2
Dirt 2

I'm not sure about Mafia 2, but I don't believe it has DX11.

Not doubting your word but how do you know all of this for sure either way?

Not doubting your word but how do you know all of this for sure either way?

Well some of the games I listed as not having DX11 are already out or are coming out shortly and have not been announced to have DX11 support. Source doesn't even support DX10 so it would take a major overhaul to support DX11. I should have tossed Two Worlds 2 into an unknown list, but I highly doubt anyone involved is going to spend the time trying to learn DX11, the first game didn't show these people as having much by way of technical talent. SC2 is coming out next year and I haven't even heard anything about DX10 support, much less DX11. Its been a long stand rumor that Blizzard simply ignores.

The list is also old, dating back to March. If some random dude on some random forum knew about this that long ago it would have been announced already, however that is the only rumor anywhere on the net and every mention of those non-confirmed titles having DX11 traces back solely to it.

Cant wait to play this new game.. Loved all of them.. I bought DA on xbox360 but ive heard about the problems with the PC one. No wonder people didn't like it.

Back