Speed with Belkin Pre-N?

Kido1986

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought the $50 kit on sale @ BB this friday that has the MIMO Pre-N Belkin router and PC card. Im transferring multiple large files and monitoring throughput and it cant seem to put out more than 3.5MB/s no matter where I position laptop and router. I know Im not gonna get the advertised speeds of 6x802.11G ( = more than 40MB/s) but I was hoping for 7-8MB/s when within 10 feet of the router. Any ideas?

Btw, doing 10GB transfer of ~20 files, equal height, 64bit wep (i know, but I have my reasons), appx 6 ft apart. Monitoring with AnalogX's Netstat live and getting between 3.1MB/s and 3.6MB/s, averaging 3.4MB/s (27Mb/s), Windows is reporting 108Mbps connection, with very good signal (I know thats nearly meaningless). Also, no other wireless networks near my channel. Only 2 active, mine on channel 9, and 1 on channel 1 (and its weakly reaching here).

do you have another pc that you can put the client card in? This should determine if its a pc or a wireless issue. have you tried running the encryption wide open? Are you using WZC or the belkin utility?

No, I dont have another laptop to test with. I guess I could try without WEP, but I have to leave it on unfortunately. Im using WZC.

Back