Spectre x360 13t/Yoga 920 or wait for 8700HQ?

Shocked

Limp Gawd
I've been debating getting one of these for the last week or so, reading as much information as I can find about both of them. Basically looking for an ultraportable 2-in-1 with a decent keyboard and build quality. I've checked them both out in person and they both appear to be pretty much right up my alley in terms of what I need. Trying to spend around or less than 1400 USD, but I don't particularly need UHD, 16GB RAM, or a 512GB drive in this thing, so the lower spec'd models fit my budget pretty well.

But after reading the 6-core processors were set to release in Q1 this year, I was wondering if I should wait. I mean, they'll probably overkill for what I specifically want this latptop for (writing, research, and general multitasking but nothing overkill), and I don't even know if they'll be used in ultraportables like that (and even if they are, not sure there's any telling how long the wait will be as they may or may not be among the first to get them). But if I had the option I'd probably go for it for the sake of performance that's a bit more future proof.

I doubt there'll be any 6-core 2 in 1s of this type coming out any time soon as they tend to use the U series chips and not the full laptop HQ ones.

New processors are always better but also more expensive. I can’t recommend the Spectre x360 anymore. Mine made it 2 1/2 years see the following thread. I’m not the only one, but this is exceedingly fail. Also, the feet fell off about one year which was an easier fix. It was great until it wasn’t.

https://hardforum.com/threads/laptop-batteries-not-charging-creators-update.1952376/

Have you also looked at the Dells?
Well thats lame.. and I feel much worse about my recent x360 purchase. Hopefully if it was a known issue a couple models back that they fixed it.. (doubtful..). Worst part is that my previous laptop was a Dell Venue Pro11 and that had the exact same problem, the power circuit failed so I switched up brands and went up the price ladder hoping to avoid this type of issue... boo to planned obsolescence.

Back