Specific air cooling case - need help

madpistol

[H]ard|Gawd
1592928277879.png

Ya'll like my art? Beautiful isn't it? Rendered absolutely brilliantly in MS Paint.

Here's what I have in mind for a "perfect" air cooling case. However, I'm having a very difficult time finding something even close to this. It's been a long time since I bought a case, so I need some help here.

My PERFECT case would be 3 fans at the top, open air vents at the bottom, and that's it, but I seriously don't think that exists.

Requirements:

3 3.25" Hard drive bays
2 2.5" SSD bays
Can accommodate a large GPU (future proofing).
Window on side
Preferably Hard drives and PSU are in separate compartment, but not requirement.

Current items that would go in this case.

MSI B450 Tomahawk (ATX)
3700x
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Power
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 Super
EVGA 750-watt PSU

Budget for case: $500 or less (budget is flexible)

So.... is there any case out there that can do all of this?

most cases are like that except the bottom left fan is usually where the psu goes plus 1-2 more front fans in your "perfect case" wheres the psu?

Actually, I just found this:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic (White)

Price looks right and seems to tick all of the boxes. Any one had any experience with this case?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Actually, I just found this:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic (White)

Price looks right and seems to tick all of the boxes. Any one had any experience with this case?

Be aware there are two versions of that case. There's the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic and the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL. The first one is the smaller of the two and the one you linked above is actually the XL version. Primary difference is size, with the XL being taller and wider. Also the XL has a rear fan, like your beautiful drawing, and the non-XL version does not.

Figured I would point it out so you don't end up buying something you didn't actually want.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You want a positive pressure setup. With vents at the bottom and exhaust fans at the top, you get negative pressure. Negative pressure results in thinner air (less cooling capacity) and more dust settling inside the case.

The only exhaust fan in my case it the PSU fan. All others are intake fans - 2x 120mm in front (drive cages), 2x 120mm on the side (to provide cool air to the video card), 1x 120mm on the back, and 2x 140mm on the bottom.

I did have to make case feet extensions for my case to give it enough space at the bottom for there to be intake fans.

My current case is a Lian-Li from 2005 that has the motherboard mounted opposite of what it normally is.... CPU area of the motherboard is near the bottom of the case.

The way I have it set up is almost 100% perfect to keep everything cool. The only thing that would make it better would be if the top of the case was raised up a bit with an exhaust grill all the way around. That being said... that would only make it a tiny bit quieter as there are absolutely no areas where heat builds up.

If you want a case with close to perfect airflow, then you are looking at doing at least a few mods.

I'm running 3x 120mm Noctua intakes, 140mm would be preferable if you aren't going to invest in quieter known high airflow aftermarket fans. See the GN YouTube link and pick your poison.

I like the idea of a fan or 2 blowing straight up at an air cooled gpu.
Side intakes were useful back when, but tempered glass killed off that implementation.

You don't need equal exhaust to intake as stated above.

Back