Special I7 2600K sold for $900

Bencher and gamer are not necessarily the same peep:D

screenshot245r.jpg

Anyone that is going to be spending that much on a CPU is dang well going to be running multi card graphics for gaming or else they're a moron and need to have their right to buy expensive hardware revoked.

And here's where your deductive reasoning skills fail... it's been spelled out many times in this thread. If you buy this chip for gaming... yes you're a moron. This chip is for benchmarking... that is it.
Don't forget that people actually use computers for things not pertaining to gaming what-so-ever. They don't knock your hobbies, no need to knock theirs... regardless of how ridiculous you believe it to be.

Show me your screenshots at those clocks and the results from the games that you tested. Hopefully you did something more than run a few time demo's in GPU limited titles that aren't even new releases.

I don't play computer games, so you're not getting anything on that front. See answer above

563737.jpg

682182.jpg

Last edited:
I will argue that a single threaded SuperPI result is worthless, since you had to drop down to 5.36 to complete that FFT bench. No doubt HT is disabled as well.

This isn't the site I thought it was. :( I thought it was [H]ardforum... But then I see all these people running in here thinking that these chips are being marketed for everyday use. :/

How hard is it to understand that

1. There's a hobby out there called benchmarking (everyone has a hobby get over it. You don't have to understand or like it). It's like going to the drag strip. You make one quick run through some benchmarking software pushing your chip to the very max to see how much you can get out of it. You don't run the chip like this very often or for very long.

2. All Sandy Bridge chips have a maximum multiplier that they can be set at. It doesn't matter what you do, liquid nitrogen, liquid helium, etc. It doesn't matter, the multiplier will limit the chip, not the temperature with these cooling sources.

3. Finding a chip with a multiplier that is able to go to 57+ is extremely rare. You could go through dozens of chips before you found one. For people who enjoy this hobby and benchmark competitively, it could be much cheaper just shelling out the cash for a chip that has a multiplier that has already been proven to be able to be set at 57+ then to go through dozens of chips searching for one. (ruuuun on)

Why is that so hard to understand? If you wouldn't pay that much for the chip who cares. They're not for you. There are people in here who obviously WOULD pay that much for a chip able to do this so any of your arguments are invalid. They ARE worth the money... To the people willing to pay for them. Demand sets cost. An item is worth whatever amount of money someone is willing to pay for it.

P.S.
I agree with Crosshairs, SWEEET clocks nzaneb!

P.P.S.
Ding I just hit my 50th post. :D

Last edited:
I will argue that a single threaded SuperPI result is worthless, since you had to drop down to 5.36 to complete that FFT bench. No doubt HT is disabled as well.

jackie-chan-meme.png

Back