• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Speaker use with Xbox 360 (hdmi)

Riddleofsteel

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
1,983
I have a 360 connected to an older lcd behind me (when I am facing my pc) via hdmi. The speakers in that old monitor are junk, how can I perhaps connect my 360 slim up to my old dayton t-amp and dayton speakers? What other cables and adapters will I need? Or is there perhaps an easier way? Thank you.
 
Does the TV have analog outputs? My Panasonic VT20 will give digital (optical) or 2xRCA outputs from TV channels, or inputs (including HDMI), which means you would probably just need a 2xRCA to 2xRCA cable and connect up the amp.
 
3.5mm jack to jack cable from the "earphone" output on the monitor. Might/ will need to turn up the volume on the jack though.
 
i dont know xbox 360s but on PS3s you can output video through HDMI and the audio through analog at the same time. if outputting the video through HDMI forces you to output audio through HDMI than you need to do this:

your monitor has a spidf passthrough for the HDMI.
you want this
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10423&cs_id=1042302&p_id=6884&seq=1&format=2
and this
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2
and this
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10236&cs_id=1023601&p_id=2743&seq=1&format=2
 
Hey, thanks. Can anyone confirm Procyon's idea? And where am I plugging in the coaxial cable? Sorry if I am missing something obvious.
 
ok well there you go, i didnt know if you could have analog audio and hdmi outputting at the same time.
but how will it only work if its a slim? it will work with anything HDMI.
 
I'm still a bit confused, what am I doing with an optical cable here? Sorry, I'm just thinking that my t-amp only has 3.5mm input and I can't afford a separate receiver. Thanks.
 
you can output analog and hdmi at the same time. i used a modified xbox 360 av cable for a while. there are all kinds of links on google. you should be able to run rca connectors with this to your amp.

example so....

using this

and

this with the modded cable will get you sound.
 
Last edited:
I'm still a bit confused, what am I doing with an optical cable here? Sorry, I'm just thinking that my t-amp only has 3.5mm input and I can't afford a separate receiver. Thanks.

nothing. theres no need to use an optical cable.
 
ok well there you go, i didnt know if you could have analog audio and hdmi outputting at the same time.
but how will it only work if its a slim? it will work with anything HDMI.

Slim has a separate optical output so the D/A converters you linked would work.

I'm still a bit confused, what am I doing with an optical cable here? Sorry, I'm just thinking that my t-amp only has 3.5mm input and I can't afford a separate receiver. Thanks.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2

and

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083005&p_id=7526&seq=1&format=2

SCIENCE.
 
The official Microsoft xbox 360 HDMI kit comes with a smaller adaptor to enable analoug output at the same time with HDMI useage.

OR, if you are using the HDMI cable, and have a normal A/V connector for the xbox, you can cut away at the obsturcting plastic on the connector.

Either way, you can use analog RCA with HDMI video.
 
Blah, I got the items together but I bought speaker wire with banana connectors already on them. The banana plugs are way to big for the DTA-1. Should I just get a receiver anyway so I can do this all-in-one? I could attach my pc setup to it, too.
 
Back
Top