Spamhaus.org bouncing back email

hifimono

Weaksauce
my coworker is trying to fwd an email to one of his clients and it keeps being bounced back with a message saying 'spamhaus.org is rejecting x.x.x.x' -- the ip address is some RR mail server in Virginia... I sent them an email about unblocking our ip but was curious if anyone else has dealt with this in the past?

It appears your coworker's SMTP server is being rejected because it is on the Spamhaus black list.

Does your work have their own mail server? Is the coworker using a personal email account? Posting a copy of the NDR will help us determine why it is being bounced as well.

he's connected wirelessly to our network.

he's using a roadrunner (wi.rr.com) account not affiliated with our company.

this is why i don't understand why it is being blocked.

so then it seems like the IP range hes on from RR has been used for spam, and whoever he is sending his message to is blocking that.

have him try to send the email from a diff provider.

Roadrunner replied back saying that the ip address was removed from spamhaus..... but I don't know if they looked this up and just copied it... like i saw yesterday when i did this... or if they actually removed the blocked ip.

i'll know pretty soon when my coworker tries to send his buddy an email.

he has a personal RR email account and we have company domain accounts through godaddy.. right now we access them through yahoo mail servers because our site is hosted with them (terrible) so we have no exchange server setup.

Yup its a problem on Road Runner side, but if spammers keep going that ip will getblocked again. Takes a few hours or day to remove the IP

so it would be the company he is sending the email to's IT dept I should contact about removing that specific ip address?

you can contact them, but if hte senders ip (road runner), is listed on spamhause, the company he is sending the email too will tell you pretty much to fix the problem and when its removed from spamhaus they will be fixed.

what it is is the company firewall/spam checker checks on spamhaus to see if the ip is blocked if it is, it rejects it.

so you really gotta get the ip removd from spamhaus.

spamhaus, at least in my several years ago history with them, has taken a vigilante style approach. and getting off their list when accidently being put on is a nightmare. :(

^ not true, if you fix the problem, submit your ip and the next day your gone.

you dont accidently get put on, you have to send a shit load of spam =)

Back