SP35P2 and Conroe E6750 Overclock test

Manoj

Gawd
Yesterday I got a chance to test the overlcock potential of my newly built SP35P2 system.

Conroe E6750 @ 3.8Ghz (voltage set to auto in the bios)
OCZ Platnium DDRII 800 @ 950 CL4 (voltage set to 2.275 in the bios)
Seagate 500GB
Seagate 320GB
XFX Geforce 8800 GTX XXX Edition (670mhz default clock)
Creative X-FI Extreme Audio
LG 20" LCD Monitor (Wide Screen)

For now I have only increased the voltage for my OCZ memory. You can see that from the Sandra results the memory performance is pretty good.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/ManojM//3.8Ghz.JPG

Will test more later. Trying to see if I could clock the CPU higher if I increase the CPU voltage.

For everyday use I have set the CPU to 3.6Ghz at default voltage which runs the memory at 900mhz at 2.05V.

I have put the OCZ cooler on top of the rams for better cooling.

Already saw the results over on Sudhian...nice stuff.

I'm getting read to move back to XP today but once I'm done and have my new ICE fans installed I'll be starting my own log...hope you enjoy your SP35P2 as much as I have.

Already saw the results over on Sudhian...nice stuff.I'm getting read to move back to XP today but once I'm done and have my new ICE fans installed I'll be starting my own log...hope you enjoy your SP35P2 as much as I have.
You are getting new ICE fans?♥ From where?

Why are you going back to XP?

nice cpu and system temps, I'd prefer results from more trustworthy programs like coretemp or everest, and some load temps on the overclocks using orthos blend or somtin. How about your video card idle/peek temps?

I'm ordering my SP35P2 within hours...I hope

nice cpu and system temps, I'd prefer results from more trustworthy programs like coretemp or everest, and some load temps on the overclocks using orthos blend or somtin. How about your video card idle/peek temps?

I'm ordering my SP35P2 within hours...I hope

I think the temps are pretty good for the case. Just remember to reverse the fans for the CPU heatsink (intake and outake).

My Geforce 8800GT usually stays around 40 degrees C to 50 degrees C.

40C-50C....lies, I don't believe you, prove it.

btw, did you get the OCZ memory cooler, cause this guy says he is using one in his sp35p2:

http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/forums/viewthread/100770/

I think it was 40 to 50 degrees C. Let me go home and check it for you.

I normally don't bother about GPU temp because mine is a XFX GEforce 8800 GT XXX edition and it is covered with 2 years warranty. If anything goes wrong I can get a new one from them. The main office for XFX is in Hong Kong.

Yes, I am using the OCZ cooler and I recommend you using it because it also helps to cool the Chipset cooler on the motherboard. You have to try and figure out how to fit the OCZ cooler. I managed it with a slight mod.

did you slant the OCZ memory cooler so it aims at the chipset cooling?

No. It is pretty big. Just put it over the rams it will cool the chipset cooler.

It is a tight fit. It is nearly impossible to get it to fit. Let me see if I can take some pictures to show you.

does idle temps are almost unbelievable but I noticed you have all the fans blasting, must be pretty loud. Do you live in an igloo? Those idle temps are much better than that of the computer in my signature using an Antec 900 case. Here is a screenshot of my idle temps (pc on for an hour)

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6885/e66008800gts640ix4.jpg

I ordered my parts on Friday morning, estimated delivery is for next Friday...kinda weird newegg\ups is usually faster than this. The parts are coming from 3 different locations, go figure.

Here is what I ordered:

SP35P2 : ) !!!
e6750
eVGA 8800gt superclocked
2x2GB G.Skill PK's w/ OCZ Memory Cooler
vista x64
BenQ FP94VW Silver-Black 19" 2ms
Asus 20X DRW-2014L1T

I can't wait till Friday!

My shuttle is up and running smooth.

Manoj, how to I stop cpu throttling when idle? CPU-z reports a multiplier of x6 when in idle. I want to make a thread on my new build and show my overclock.

Thanks

I figured out how to disable cpu throttling in idle mode. For those of you running vista and want to keep a constant core speed, disable C1E (enhanced halt state) in bios and in windows Control Panel > Power Options select high-performance mode instead of balanced (default). I used this to get a screenshot of my actual overclock in cpu-z.

BTW, Manoj's overclocks and temperatures are kinda sketchy, I just built an almost identical setup and my results are much different. Check out my thread on my SP35P2 for true overclocking and temperature results, and some pictures of my setup. I will begin working on my thread now, so it should be up soon.

Back