- Joined
- Sep 6, 2007
- Messages
- 11,610
And what does the cost of the program have to do with its ease of backupedness?I'm missing something. Why is reinstalling the OS and "many very expensive" programs easier than letting a backup run overnight?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
And what does the cost of the program have to do with its ease of backupedness?I'm missing something. Why is reinstalling the OS and "many very expensive" programs easier than letting a backup run overnight?
failed install error code is 0x800706B5
goes to step 3 of 3 100% and fails. Other forums are reporting the same problem.
I don't think any of us are buying to auto update story. If you're unhappy, go buy a mac.![]()
But...but....but that uber cool Mac guy on those commercials told me they are perfect!They have problems of their own. Let no one tell you different.
But...but....but that uber cool Mac guy on those commercials told me they are perfect!
I downloaded the stand-alone version and updated all five of my systems without a hitch. Everything is working fine for me.
I installed Vista SP1 on my laptop. Installed perfectly fine. Was there a major performance increase or battery life/power management optimization or something?
n the auto checks things and they are OK and it screws up, then someone isn't doing there work at MS Audrey!!
SP1 is out for auto update as of around 7pm when I checked. That's how I got mine.
Again, WHY are you installing a service pack, via auto update, on a production machine without PRE-TESTING?????? In a business, auto updates should be OFF, as in "NOT AUTO".
Don't know how to tell you this but, well, you have been lied too!![]()
One thing to remember is it's an optional update right now. Until they make it a critical update, it will only download and install if you choose to. It will not do it on its own even if you have autoupdate enabled. That only downloads critical updates, not optional ones.
Laptop startup times were supposed to have been significantly decreased. I can't wait to install it on my wife's laptop. I'm expecting miracles...or hoping anyway.![]()
But...but....but that uber cool Mac guy on those commercials told me they are perfect!
I knew it was sarcasm. I was making my post in response to the post about Mac people thinking they never have issues.I thought the use of the smiley would help to identify that as sarcasm. I was suggesting a mac to the OP because I figured he was just here to slam Windows anyway.
Updated a 64-bit system and a 32-bit Vista system... zero problems on both.
I downloaded both, full versions of SP1 from the Microsoft site and initiated the installation. I went out with a couple of friends, came back, and it was in the login screen. Logged in and I was told that the installation was successful. Painless for sure...
I am now interested in getting Vista with SP1 already slipstreamed in case I have a lazy Sunday night.
I am now interested in getting Vista with SP1 already slipstreamed in case I have a lazy Sunday night.
It came to my attention that some of you expected to install Service Pack on the lite Vista, without some components.
Unfortunatelly that is not possible, nor it was ever expected to be because Service Pack is meant to update the whole installation, if it detects that something is missing it aborts.
So the only way to use vLite on SP1 is to use it on the preintegrated version, meaning you can configure the Vista DVD or ISO which already has SP1 in it.
Got that from vLite
This has done in two of my computers now.
I just got the latest update form MS and it took a long time. When it finally re booted it BSOD and kept BSOD and now it in a loop of restarting and BSOD.
Vista 64 Ultimate was working pretty good until now. Now nothing but BSOD.
This was an auto update with MS. Pretty crapy of a SP1. This should realy impress companies since I am on a $7,000.00 work station that is only 1 year old. Not a good sign. Time for companies to run not walk away from this Vista crap. At last count it has restarted 26 times now. Without a good reboot. Can not even get safe mode to work. It just keeps cycling.
Three days of work down the tubes. What a really reliable Operating System!!!!!!
Even tried to go back to last good time. Still will not go into windows Vista.... BAd BaD BAD baD
They have problems of their own. Let no one tell you different.
I did it today, works fine system is speedier then ever
And you lost your data? to goddamn bad.
Make your backups in future and think before accepting major system updates.