SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread

So running the 70Hz is better than 60Hz, even though its using a VGA cable? I thought a DVI cable made for a better picture...I'm kinda confused. :confused:

No, vga has worst quality but I guess it allows the monitor to run 70hz which does make fps games a little better.

I picked one of these up yesterday and so far it's been perfact, no issues at all, we'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. A friend of mine has had one from the begining and he hasn't had any problems at all either, so with any luck this one will be good to go.

This thing is great for gaming IMHO, UT3 looks fantastic..........;)

running mines for about 4 days straight with 10 min break each morning. Still going strong :)

I just bought mine, and I was wondering what kind panel it has. This post clickety says that it is P-MVA, is that true? How can you tell a P-MVA from a TN? Mine is made 11/2007. When is yours made, Bio-Hazard?

Just wanted to say I also bought that basic DVI cable from monoprice for $10 and it cleared up the bit of tearing I was having. If you use this monitor for videos and games, I'd suggest investing in a new DVI cable.

I am thinking of getting one.

Where could I get one for 300?

What should I watch out for ? Which manufactured date should i look for ?
Do I need to buy a third party DVI cable ?
How heavy is this monitor ?

I just bought mine, and I was wondering what kind panel it has. This post clickety says that it is P-MVA, is that true? How can you tell a P-MVA from a TN? Mine is made 11/2007. When is yours made, Bio-Hazard?

10/2007, wish it would have been newer, but its still going strong...........:D Its on about 20 hours a day.

I am thinking of getting one.

Where could I get one for 300?

What should I watch out for ? Which manufactured date should i look for ?
Do I need to buy a third party DVI cable ?
How heavy is this monitor ?

Office Max currently has them on sale for $300. As for the after market cable, I'm using the one that it shipped with and it's working fine.

As for weight: Net: 6.6 kg / 14.5 lbs

http://www.soyo.com/product/LCD_Monitors/9/TOPAZ_S_-_24%26quot%3B_Wide_TFT_LCD_Monitor/408

TN panel has worse colors and bad viewing angles.

All I can say is I have found the perfect LCD for me, and the Soyo is it...

I like it so much better than anything else I have used...Have not had the issues other people have been talking about...

All I can say is I have found the perfect LCD for me, and the Soyo is it...

I like it so much better than anything else I have used...Have not had the issues other people have been talking about...

the only is i had is that it does smell a lil like burning plastic, but i turn it off even if i leave for a few minutes. no issues yet. the only thing i wish is that i could have bought a second one to go with my westy :D

the only is i had is that it does smell a lil like burning plastic, but i turn it off even if i leave for a few minutes. no issues yet. the only thing i wish is that i could have bought a second one to go with my westy :D

No smell here, what date is yours made? ( back of the lcd ) Mine is in October so I am guessing that's a new version without the smell? :)

No smell here, what date is yours made? ( back of the lcd ) Mine is in October so I am guessing that's a new version without the smell? :)
its sept. or oct, i said earlier in this thread what i had i believe lol. i'm not at home right now ;)

I had the burning plastic smell when I first got it, but it's non existant now... screen is warm to the touch... not hot...

I do recommend a new DVI cable... all my videos played better, less tearing, no green pixels...

It's been a few weeks, no issues since the new cable...

What settings is everyone using? 75 contrast, 32 brightness, 6500k color... let the Nvidia display help me calibrate the gamma and colors...

What settings is everyone using? 75 contrast, 32 brightness, 6500k color... let the Nvidia display help me calibrate the gamma and colors...

My unit was pretty darn good right out of the box ; so all @ defaults , minus ...

Brightness = 35%
Gamma (in Nvidia control panel) = minus about 2%-3% from default .

Why is this panel so cheap compared to the $500 Gateway FHD2400 for instance ?

Cause it has 2 inputs, terrible speakers and a fairly ugly appearance :)

Soyo took a good panel and cut corners everywhere else, plain and simple.

I always thought HDCP was kind of a joke and not truly implemented... I think it's more dependent on the videocard/sound card than the monitor... and there are ways to get around that too...

Either way, not really concerned, I don't have an HD-DVD player or Blu-ray... if I did, I'd buy a real HDTV :)

Oh well, mine just developed a stuck pixel after two days of use. Tried flashing and rubbing but didn't help. The first time I am having a bad pixel on a monitor :rolleyes:

Cause it has 2 inputs, terrible speakers and a fairly ugly appearance :)

Soyo took a good panel and cut corners everywhere else, plain and simple.

Good thing this is a free world and every one can have their own opinion............:D As for looks, there isa design for everyone, just like women, some like thin, some like fat, it all comes down to what you like as a person.................:eek:

As for all those missing connectors (your opinion), same thing applies, not everyone needs or wants them on their display. I myself have no use for them.

I love this monitor... doesn't make it less ugly or make the speakers sound better :)

I only need 1 input too, but there are 24" monitors with component, HDMI, DVI and VGA inputs... and a USB hub... I don't need it, but some people do and they don't buy the Soyo because of it.

I like the display as well, that's why I got the thing.............:D . All the extras that the high dollar displays have I have zero use for on my computer........:eek: I have a home theater system to take care of all those other needs.

Is there a software out there that would defeat HDCP so I can play HD dvd's on this monitor ?

just got this from OM for $300 and it looks about as good as my HP f2105, which is quite good. like many 24", it's way too bright and I have to turn down brightness to 5.

problem: it has a buzzing noise which I can't stand b/c I'm senstive to noise. also, I can't tilt it at all. Is this normal?

I don't see dead pixel or black lines.

what has been you guys' experience in term of reliability. once you can get your hand on a good one, does it stay good or develop problems later?

just got this from OM for $300 and it looks about as good as my HP f2105, which is quite good. like many 24", it's way too bright and I have to turn down brightness to 5.

problem: it has a buzzing noise which I can't stand b/c I'm senstive to noise. also, I can't tilt it at all. Is this normal?

I don't see dead pixel or black lines.

what has been you guys' experience in term of reliability. once you can get your hand on a good one, does it stay good or develop problems later?

Replace it as it should not buzz. The monitor does tilt but it takes a little practice. The way I do it is grab the top and bottom of the panel and do my tilting.

Mine is over two months old and is still perfect. No buzzing, no excessive heat, no green sparkles, and no lines. :)

that's good to hear dj, maybe I'll turn mines off now to give it a little rest :)

I got mine on Black Friday and I think I have run it just about 24/7 since then.

No real problems so far. I have one stuck pixel but it only shows up on a white page and its just slightly off-white rather than true white. It is also up in the top left corner and don't notice it unless I look for it.

Can't see it at all in dark areas.

I'm happy. Definitely worth the $250 + tax I paid.

that's good to hear dj, maybe I'll turn mines off now to give it a little rest :)

mines still a lil warm and a burning smell, but it was off for 2 weeks while i was in cali. at least no issues when i powered it back on :)

i noticed the one i had first with a dead pixel had some clouding on a red background but it wasn't visible at all. no clouding on any colors on my new one :)

i still wish i could get a second one for 250 :D

I am on my 3rd Soyo now. The first one got an annoying dead pixel only after 3 days of use. The second one had a bunch of dead pixels right of the bat and went straight back to Office Max. The current one has a dead pixel, too, and I am debating with myself what to do.

Back