SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread

Can anyone comment on the Squaretrade warranty/RMA process? One of my SOYO's developed a vertical yellow pixel line :mad:

Can anyone comment on the Squaretrade warranty/RMA process? One of my SOYO's developed a vertical yellow pixel line :mad:

Yea I would love to hear if anyones used them before.

They say that they'll send out a prepaid label but they'll deduct that from the check that they'll send out? Is that true or is return shipping free?

Also it takes effect after the manufactures warranty expires so that's a negative.

Any experiences?

Mine is a 09/07 production and every thing looks great except for a couple dead/stuck pixels (knock on wood).

*bump*

Just kinda wondering how everyones Soyo's are doing as of late ....

Iam on 60+days and doing GREAT (production : July/07) ! :D

Update on my situation.

My last adventure had me at my 3rd panel. That was doing fine with a slight buzzing noise but that went away.
Then wouldn't you know it, a few days later I got a pencil thin line that stretched from left to right.

I am currently on my 4th panel that I picked up Friday & so far this one is flawless.
It's only been two days so I'm still on the lookout for any issues.

My Soyo panel summary:

1. First panel developed two horizontal lines. (July panel)
2. Second panel developed a vertical line. (September panel)
3. Third panel developed a horizontal line. (July panel)
4. Fourth panel currently doing fine after two days of use. (July panel)

I plan on sticking it out with this LCD even if I have to exchange it every week (I hope thats not the case tho). :)

I have 3 OfficeMax within 5 miles, so getting another won't be a problem.

I'll keep you guys updated on my future Soyo adventures. :D

Hoping to avoid getting those lines of dead pixels by keeping my monitor nice and cool. The back cover is a heat trap if I ever saw one:
NKD01.jpg

Don't touch these wires if you hands are wet;)
NKD02.jpg

Taking off the back panel doesn't void the warranty?

Oh, and my LCD is still perfect. Little over a month now. :)

Hi all guys

Somebody tested this monitor with the PS3 in 1080p? It work?

I saw that with Xbox 360, 1080p does not function.

I am currently on my 4th panel that I picked up Friday & so far this one is flawless.
It's only been two days so I'm still on the lookout for any issues.

Good lord. I'm not sure I could put up with that. I had thought about picking up one of these monitors (I was in the store and had the monitor in my hands) and decided not to because I didn't want what you're going through to happen. Granted, it's $300, but if you have to return it every week (or worse, it dies after the return period), then what? I'd rather pay a higher price to be much more sure that the monitor won't just spontaneously develop problems.

If I were sure it would prevent the problems from developing, I probably would've gotten one and dremeled better ventilation into the back of the monitor housing.

can any of you tell me if the manufacture date is shown on the box? I may get one of these but it sounds like I should look for a September model. Also is it confirmed that the dvi cable is crap and should use a different one?

I'm getting 1 small issue, in certain dark grey pixels in pictures and videos (and only pictures/videos) I get green flickering pixels. I believe it's the DVI cable itself though, because if I move my cursor over the green pixel it disappears under the cursor, if I scroll up and down, the green pixel moves with the image.

So they're not dead/stuck pixels... I believe it's the DVI cable... I'll test later though :D

For $300 it's an amazing monitor, just have to get one that lasts through the OM return period, it seems these issues develop very early, which is good. I'd rather have the monitor die the day I bought it, than 13 months after..

I'm getting 1 small issue, in certain dark grey pixels in pictures and videos (and only pictures/videos) I get green flickering pixels. I believe it's the DVI cable itself though, because if I move my cursor over the green pixel it disappears under the cursor, if I scroll up and down, the green pixel moves with the image.

So they're not dead/stuck pixels... I believe it's the DVI cable... I'll test later though :D

For $300 it's an amazing monitor, just have to get one that lasts through the OM return period, it seems these issues develop very early, which is good. I'd rather have the monitor die the day I bought it, than 13 months after..

great, look forward to your dvi cable test results :p what is manufacture date on yours? if you still have the box can you tell me if the manufacture date is listed there?

I'm about to order a new cable from Monoprice.com but not sure if I should get a 6ft or 10ft... my current cable is a tad short for my setup, I think 6ft should be sufficient

Box is in the garage, I can check in a bit, I recall buying it in September...

Checked the box, the only thing I could find was basically the shipping label from Soyo to Officemax and it said 9/18/07

this would be perfect for me if it wasn't such a gamble with the lines.

The two I purchased mid-august 07 are still perfect, no bad pixels or any other problems. They are used daily for hours at a time.

Monitor #3, an RMA for #2, arrived this afternoon. Thus far, it (July '07) seems to be okay--and most notably it doesn't seem to be channeling as much heat to the screen as #2 was (still warm in the upper-right quadrant, but not hot). I'm seriously tempted to yank the back cover off, though...

I leave mine running for hours on end and it's cool to the touch on the front...

Might get warm after a while but it seemed to get cooler since I got it. I do remember it spelling like burnt plastic/being fairly hot when I first got it... now it's good...

Another note, I think the USPS guy just showed up w/ my DVI cable ...

Might be the placebo effect, but it seems like less tearing/less lag while viewing some HD video...

Haven't noticed green pixels yet.

I did manage to scratch the anti-glare coating on the front though :( luckily it's really small and I actually couldn't find it unless I looked really hard. It's really noticable when booting up but when I'm using the computer it's nearly impossible to find.

Either way, new DVI cable is 28gauge, really thick, was almost too thick to install :eek:

So far so good though...

lawl, I bit haha it went on sale at office max today.. I came about 2pm today and they were $399..... I called back at home and asked if they would give me the $299 sale price, they said they are on sale... so I went in there and they put up the On Sale red tag for $299..... like an hour after I left. w00t got the 1 year replacement plan too.

edit: fudge... one dead pixel... turns green in black background sigh.....

Return it... if the place is close by... :p

Just make sure they got replacements.

The new DVI cable is definitely working... the stock one is a POS....

Haven't noticed any flickering pixels yet either... videos look smoother, watched some DVD's and what not where before I'd get judder I figured it was the video itself. Now I watch it again and it's super smooth. I watch this stuff every day and notice all these tiny things.

yeah they close in 3 minutes.. I'll replace it tomorrow.. they had like 8 more on displayed so I am sure I can get a replacement tomorrow :)

Just played 15 minutes of COD4 and scrimmed on CS:S

Thumbs up! I am picky as fuck about refresh rates and how fast the display is... my old Samsung 205bw was a POS for gaming.... not to mention movies because it was a TN...

6ms vs 6ms SOYO > Samsung big time... :D

my x1900xt handles COD4 and CS:S on on max at 1920x1200 very nicely, no AA for COD4 though. Gorgeous..

Well, I've owned the Soyo since mid-Oct and lately these past few weeks its been acting very strange.

Sometimes when I am watching a video on media player, the OSD menu will appear all by itself. Sometimes its the main menu, sometimes it'll be the contrast adjustment OSD or the brightness adjustment OSD.

I've tried to recreate the OSD appearance by going back to the point in the movie when the OSD appears but no luck in causing it to occur. There was one time when I was just clicking through folders on the desktop and the OSD would appear.

Another strange thing is that when the LCD is off, but still plugged into power, the blue light on the power switch will light up. The LCD panel circuitry still appears off, but just the blue light is on. This has only happened maybe 3 times since I've owned it.

Anyone else have encountered these things?

that's freaky, I think it's something supernatural than a malfunctioning monitor :)

W00t second one with no dead pixels... perfect... now I am gonna wait to see if the monitor gets those lines....

BTW, how do I check what revision monitor I have?

edit: second one didn't hold a signal.. it shows a picture then goes blank, that one was perfect pixel wise.... I am on my third one lol powers on fine, one tiny tiny tiny tiny pixel which I can't even see until I am 2 inches away 4 times smaller than the first one lol .... this one is a keeper.

I recommend a high quality DVI cable for anyone having picture problems first.

Monoprice was $10 shipped for a 6ft gold plated dual-link DVI cable. I'm noticing a lot less tearing and has smoother movie playback and I think that the single-link coupled with mediocre quality was causing issues.

Bumped my monitor up to 70hz refresh rate, looks good.

at what resolution is this?? I can only do 70hz at 1440... Be cool if I can do 70 at native but doubtful :)

O yeah blazestorm can you link me the cable? Thanks

Bumped my monitor up to 70hz refresh rate, looks good.

How did you manage this? Highest refresh rate I have ever seen is only 60Hz. Are you using DVI and dual link cable? Or single link? Also what resolutions can you get over 60Hz?

edit: ok I just tried with VGA and that can get above 60Hz. Any way to get above 60Hz on dvi?

Crap, I read the 1 year coverage from OfficeMax wrong....

I thought it was a "If it breaks, bring it in and exchange it for a new one right away" plan.....

But it's going through soyo first, and then they cover it with a refund...

Fudge, now I am having second thoughts on this... can anyone tell me how to check the date for the panel? Maybe they made a newer revision to fix those problems? :(

On my box it said 12/21/07...

I don't think there is anything I can get in this price with a non-tn panel besides the Westy from bestbuy.... sigh.

Fudge, now I am having second thoughts on this... can anyone tell me how to check the date for the panel? Maybe they made a newer revision to fix those problems? :(

It's on the back of the LCD. You'll see a year and month on there.

Crap, I read the 1 year coverage from OfficeMax wrong....

I thought it was a "If it breaks, bring it in and exchange it for a new one right away" plan.....

But it's going through soyo first, and then they cover it with a refund...

That's the reason I didn't go with the monitor. If I wasn't anticipating problems with the monitor, I *might* do that. Seeing the problem rate with this monitor and the likelyhood that I'd have to deal with the manufacturer on this is what made me not get it.

Everyone I've seen experiences problems within the 14 day return period, if you're good on day 10 you're usually good for the rest of the time.

I think I heard of 1 instance where after 60 days they had an issue, it still has a 1 year warranty through Soyo... which isn't amazing, but it's still a warranty.

I leave mine on more than not... 18 hours a day probably... I try to turn it off when I go on trips or if I'm going to bed... screen is not even warm to the touch, when before it was hot. (When I first got it) and smelled like burning plastic. I think there could be a break-in period cause it only got better after owning it. Taken it to 5-6 LAN parties just fine. I wrap the DVI cable around it, then put a hoodie over it and buckle it into my front seat with the screen facing the cushions.

W/ the new DVI cable no flickerin green pixels yet, but I'll still wait a few weeks before saying anything... It was really rare/random occurance.

how do you get 70hz on the native res???? I really really would like to know this, and a lot of other people.... 60hz vs 70hz is a BIG difference for gaming.

Also, mines isn't the August or July, it's the October 2007.10 and it's running very very cool, not even warm to touch :)

Back