SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread

September 2007 for mine as well. No issues so far. That could just be when they put the panels and casings together -- who knows when all the various pieces and parts were produced.

Mine was put together on 10/07, everything seems to be still working well, no issues that I've seen, I gotit between Christmas and New Years ..........:D

Did you guys order yours or did you buy it/them locally? I was at OfficeMax and noticed a label with shipping date (either from their warehouse to the local store or from the manufacturer to their warehouse). I think if I grab one of them that has a date of something 1/31/08 like that, I may be able to get one that is made very recent. If that's what it takes...I mean if I really want to obtain a newly made one and not one that is made or assembled like four or five months ago.

Here is Halo 3...Enjoy the pics.

20071004_0033.JPG

1486293666_ff9043572e_b.jpg

Nice

I just saw the add as well, I'm thinking abut going down and pickin up a second one............:D

I just saw the add as well, I'm thinking abut going down and pickin up a second one............:D

I just came home with mine... Opted for the 24" because I didn't want to loose out on too much space from the 19" widescreen and 17" regular dual monitors I was running.

This thing is pretty big... I don't think I could have 2 sitting on my desk! :eek:

Will an 8800GTS 512MB run the Soyo 24" monitor ok at 1920 x 1200? If not, which card or cards in SLI/Crossfire will work?

Will an 8800GTS 512MB run the Soyo 24" monitor ok at 1920 x 1200? If not, which card or cards in SLI/Crossfire will work?

It'll do fine for most things, though you'll notice occasional slowdown in some newer titles and may have to drop a few settings.

so,i noticed when this thread started, up to about 3/4ths the way through, there were a lot of bad monitors being returned

is the failure rate still the same, or has the quality increased as of a certain date?

also, can anyone recommend another 24" widescreen LCD ~5-6ms similar to this Soyo for about $350 USD or less that has low failure rate?

i guess i'm torn between putting all my eggs in one basket, so to speak, and getting the soyo and saving 75-100 dollars, or getting something more reliable

so,i noticed when this thread started, up to about 3/4ths the way through, there were a lot of bad monitors being returned

is the failure rate still the same, or has the quality increased as of a certain date?

also, can anyone recommend another 24" widescreen LCD ~5-6ms similar to this Soyo for about $350 USD or less that has low failure rate?

i guess i'm torn between putting all my eggs in one basket, so to speak, and getting the soyo and saving 75-100 dollars, or getting something more reliable

There is no comparable panel in the same price range right now, as it's a P-MVA panel. All other panels below about $700 are TN panels, with inferior viewing angles and color reproduction. This is unfortunate, because the build quality on the Soyo could be better, but it could also be a lot worse.

More recently things seem to have improved so far as reliability -- I have one that has yet to give me any trouble, and a friend of mine picked one up as well. Both had no dead or stuck pixels, have exhibited no backlight related issues, and are generally pretty solid. My only complaint is the absolutely pathetic stand, but that will be replaced shortly for around $30, so it's not that big a deal.

As of right now, the Soyo at $280 (minus another $30 if you can find a coupon code, so $250) is probably the single best deal on a 24" high resolution LCD monitor, period. I paid $320-something after tax for mine a couple of months ago, and I'm quite happy with it.

Given the potential for quality control issues I'd strongly recommend you buy it in store and pay tax rather than shipping, so that exchanges will be that much easier. If you're concerned about reliability, pick up the OfficeMax extended warranty and if it craps out after the first year they'll give you another one, or at very least in store credit for the purchase price, and you can pick up something else. Likely something better.

I have no problems running everything so far on a 8800GT so a GTS/512 will be all the better. Keep in mind these gpu's need some horse power , so the better the cpu the better your fps . I did try a pair of GT's in Sli (borrowed another card) and the results were nice (about 2500 points more in 3DMark) , but Iam going to do a cpu upgrade first vs SLi .

I plan on replacing my E6420 with an E8400 soon , just to give my GT/512 alittle more kick ; which should do me even nicer in fps and a tad more future proof . According to my buddies (simular rig) E8400 benchies ; I can hit the same 3DMark06 improvement (possibley better) with a E8400 .

I got this monitor yesterday and man it is nice. I've had some pretty expensive monitors in the past and sure this doesn't have the connections and pretty framing but I really like this.

I have no problems running everything so far on a 8800GT so a GTS/512 will be all the better. Keep in mind these gpu's need some horse power , so the better the cpu the better your fps . I did try a pair of GT's in Sli (borrowed another card) and the results were nice (about 2500 points more in 3DMark) , but Iam going to do a cpu upgrade first vs SLi .

I plan on replacing my E6420 with an E8400 soon , just to give my GT/512 alittle more kick ; which should do me even nicer in fps and a tad more future proof . According to my buddies (simular rig) E8400 benchies ; I can hit the same 3DMark06 improvement (possibley better) with a E8400 .

I really have to disagree. I've seen first hand that at 1920x1200, CPU and RAM have a very minimal effect on graphics speed. With that high of a res, the GPU carries sooo much workload. I noticed only a very marginal gain going from 2.4GHZ with my Athlon 64 x2 up to 3.6Ghz with this C2D. Though, if I lowered the resolution, then I would get about 10 to 15 more FPS. That of course varied by game. So with that I would have to conclude that SLi would be a much better upgrade for you than a slightly faster CPU.

I really have to disagree. I've seen first hand that at 1920x1200, CPU and RAM have a very minimal effect on graphics speed. With that high of a res, the GPU carries sooo much workload. I noticed only a very marginal gain going from 2.4GHZ with my Athlon 64 x2 up to 3.6Ghz with this C2D. Though, if I lowered the resolution, then I would get about 10 to 15 more FPS. That of course varied by game. So with that I would have to conclude that SLi would be a much better upgrade for you than a slightly faster CPU.

QFT! If you're going to bother considering 3dmark you better omit the CPU score because it totally skews results away from what you'd see in games.

My second GTX arrives Friday. But then, so does the quad. I don't intend to upgrade again for a year+... here's hoping.

just picked this monitor up today and man it is an improvement over my setup of 2 19" westy widescreens. you can definitely tell the improvement in quality over tn panels. only downside is i'll probably have to lower the settings when i play crisis :( even with my 8800gt (although my cpu may be a bottleneck). btw, what are you guys using to calibrate this thing?

Just a little warning to put out here, the DYLM24D6's I looked at here in Canada today at my local big box store (Futureshop) were all 3ms TN panels. Same model # and everything.

Looks like they might be switching things around.

Just a little warning to put out here, the DYLM24D6's I looked at here in Canada today at my local big box store (Futureshop) were all 3ms TN panels. Same model # and everything.

OUCH ...thats a dam shame . The current P-MVA is what makes the Soyo such a good bargin atm .

Not that I need another unit atm , but your info is good to know , thx !

how were u able to obtain this info?

is there even a 24 inch 1920x1200 tn panel in any lcd?

anyone else have this problem: sometimes after my screensaver has been up for a while or when i take my monitor of sleep i get red and green dots all over the place. and not until turning the monitor off then on again do the dots go away. what gives?

I had the same problem w/ just green dots, It was only in dark-grey areas of videos and images.

New DVI cable fixed it for me.

how were u able to obtain this info?

is there even a 24 inch 1920x1200 tn panel in any lcd?

I obtained this info by looking at the monitors in the store. Actually hooked up a few and they're definitely TN's now.

1900x1200 isn't anything new in a TN, there's plenty out there.

Was going in to grab an mva, but was dissapointed to see they were all TN.

I did notice that Office Depot has a "Prive" that looks like the same monitor. Seems to be MVA panel, but I haven't had a good look at it yet.

I have read most of the pages here, but I am wondering if someone would point out:

how well does this thing game?

does this thing beat the current dell 24" in gaming?

I have read most of the pages here, but I am wondering if someone would point out:

how well does this thing game?

does this thing beat the current dell 24" in gaming?

Depends which Dell you're referring to, and what you mean by "beats" it. Ghosting? Input lag? Color reproduction? Viewing angle?

The max resolution I've been able to get to work is 1440x900. When I change to 1920x1200 the screen remains black.

I used the Catalyst Control Center to uncheck the box "Alternate DVI operational mode" and was able to successfully change to 1920x1200. However, the screen kept flashing black every now and then and was displaying artifacts during usage. Anyone else have a problem running at 1920x1200 or a suggestion on what else to try?

Here are my specs:
WinXP SP2
Radeon X1550 256MB AGP
2GB RAM
Athlon 64 3000+
Catalyst Software Version: 8.2

No issues, but I'm not running an ATI card, so I'm little help in determining if it's an issue with the monitor or your card.

i think your vid card might be on the fritz. do u have another monitor the same res u can try it on?

if u recently changed cards the driver uninstall from the last time might have messed or did not complete properly, or you might try an updated ati driver as well.

can't buy this monitor through officemax.com any longer, as they list it as a discontinued item

it says though, you may be able to still find it in some stores locally

:/

got mine from office max today for 279 + 29.99 1 year in-store warranty

officemax's refund policy is absolutely ludacris, 14 days no matter what, even with a warranty, you can't get a refund after 14 days.. only an exchange or credit

anyway, absolutely no dead pixels out of the box, no strange lines on the screen. also, brightness looks good, colors look really good, haven't really stressed the monitor out yet with any 3d games, gonna do that later, only been playing final fantasy XI on it at 1920x1200, i need a better dvi cable.. mine are trash lol

also, i don't think it's a TN panel (i stood above the screen and the red's didnt invert or any of the colors for that matter)
i don't notice any more ghosting than my samsung 940 and 941 BW's, so ... so far so good

in other soyo 24 threads its stated that its definately not a TN panel, i think its something pvi, or pvn or something, sorry i know nothing about these things.

all i DO know is that i have one and i love it, but since i have no pc hooked up to it (only a 360) what's the best way to tweak and calibrate it for best image? i've played around w/ it a few times but i'm never quite convinced the colors look rite

It's a P-MVA panel. 360s have net access abilities, right? Google. There should be some sites with calibration images and such.

in other soyo 24 threads its stated that its definately not a TN panel, i think its something pvi, or pvn or something, sorry i know nothing about these things.

all i DO know is that i have one and i love it, but since i have no pc hooked up to it (only a 360) what's the best way to tweak and calibrate it for best image? i've played around w/ it a few times but i'm never quite convinced the colors look rite

was just referring to a post on one of the last few pages, where someone said "confirmed, they changed to TN panels"
edit: this post~

btw, mine is a november 2007 manufactured model for those curious

update: i have 5 stuck/dead pixels, but aren't noticable unless the screen is all black

gonna wait 10-12 days to see if they're stuck, and see if they go away (they did with my 19" samsung)

if they don't, i might try an exchange, still love the screen though :)

was reading the help thread on LCD tech and screen types, and it says MVA dead pixels are always black

does that mean mine are just stuck? if maybe one or two of these could fix themselves, i would be much happier

edit: 2 seem to have become unstuck, i can only see three now (one in the far bottom left corner, one in the mid/lower left, and one in mid/upper right)

I just got this today. It's a huge improvement over my 17" Samsung, especially the colors, and viewing angles. The colors seem very rich and deep not wash out like on my old LCD.

I have 3 dead pixels (stuck pixels show up against black background right?), one black, red and cyan. All in the top right conner so it's not too noticeable. I'm going to keep this unless more dead pixels or other problems show up. I'm hoping they don't.

Mine was made 10/2007 and a P-MVA

ETA: How do I access the service menu, I remember reading it in this thread before but now I can't find it.

Back