• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound Card Questions

Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
23
I'm currently running an old Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS out to a Music Hall A-15.2 amp with a pair of Wharfedale 10.1 speakers. Is it time to upgrade the card and should I look into getting a decent DAC? If so, some suggestions would be great, I'm in the market to upgrade currently so any help would be much appreciated.
 
You want either a new sound card OR a new DAC. They both perform the same fuction so getting both would be pointless. An external DAC would be best, connected to the PC via USB or optical/SPDIF.

What are you doing with this setup (music, movies, gaming, etc) and what is your budget?
 
Red-Talon- I'll be mostly gaming, but there will be a good amount of listening to music and watching movies. Lets say my budget is $300 for now. I was looking at the O2 DAC/Amp combo, is that worth getting or are there better options for the money?
 
+1 on the HRT Streamer. It sounds great, no drivers to worry about.
 
Red-Talon- I'll be mostly gaming, but there will be a good amount of listening to music and watching movies. Lets say my budget is $300 for now. I was looking at the O2 DAC/Amp combo, is that worth getting or are there better options for the money?

For $300? Yes. That is a pretty great combo though. What headphones? You don't need the amp if you just use speakers.
 
Right now I'm using Audio-Technica AD-700's. I'm planning on getting a pair of AKG-701's. I've been reading that DAC's aren't the greatest for gaming, is that true and should I just get a higher end sound card? I'm getting an amp regardless.
 
Back
Top