• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound Card Question

Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
37
So, I bought a Asus Xonar DX, got everything plugged in and such but when I pause and then unpause audio, I head a loud popping coming out of my speakers or headphones before the audio continues. Is this normal? I just want to make sure it's not going to blow up or something.
 
try and use FOOBAR 2000 and see if it happens

http://www.foobar2000.org/download


if it does then your card might be faulty mine did this using itunes but it was fine when i used foobar 2000 also sometimes streaming videos would cause this but only on some of them
 
Its because when you restart the audio your pretty much playing a sound with 0ms attack at the begining. Which sounds like a click (same with a release). Which is why all the synths I program never have a 0ms attack/release or their "clicky".
 
Its because when you restart the audio your pretty much playing a sound with 0ms attack at the begining. Which sounds like a click (same with a release). Which is why all the synths I program never have a 0ms attack/release or their "clicky".

So it's normal? I just want to make sure I didn't manage to mess something up when I installed it.
 
So it's normal? I just want to make sure I didn't manage to mess something up when I installed it.

I've never had this card so I can't say exactly, but its pretty typical of sound things. Your new card might have a quicker response time than the one before it.
 
I have Xonar D1 (the only difference from DX, I think, is the PCI/PCIE Slot) but this sound is quite small or even not annoying for me. Have you ever tried to reinstall the OS cause from my experience some unnormal softwares might cause this issue.
 
Fixed the problem, moved card to different slot, the video card was causing interference. I'm an idiot. Thanks to all those who helped.
 
Back
Top