• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound Card for Windows 8

Buck47

n00b
Joined
Sep 28, 2012
Messages
6
Just finished setting up my new rig and am having problems with onboard audio and Win8Pro64 (OEM).

I've tried the 2 drivers that Asus has available for my mobo and they've both crashed while playing games....numerous times :/

Sys specs: Asus P8Z77-V Pro, 3770k @ 4.5, 4x4gb Corsair Vengenace, 128GB Samsung 830, 1TB WD Black, 3TB Barracuda, etc...

It would be great if I could find a non Creative card (have the x-Fi plat fata1ty champ in my old rig) with front panel audio to drive my Sennheiser cans. I also have a Polk 2.1 setup I occasionally use.

Anyone have a card in their Win8 rig yet?
 
Last edited:
should be some driver soonish due to last one was from June or such.

I use asus sennheiser stx in windows 8 64bit.
no issue.
 
External DAC and never look back. :D

Seriously! No driver issues, can easily be moved between systems (USB connected), sounds fantastic (close to ASUS STX territory - holds its own against most high-end sound cards), no RF/EMI induced noise from residing inside a PC case, can choose to go small/portable to take it with you when using a laptop on travel, etc...

Look into a FiiO E17. Less than 130 bones on Amazon. (Or an E7 for roughly half that if you are on a tight budget) Both can be paired with a FiiO E9 external amp later for more oomph if necessary when driving headphones, although even on their own they'll do just fine. I've had mine for a while now and absolutely love it. (E17/E9 combo paired with Senns 650's.) ZERO driver issues.

E17 Technical Specs
● Output Power:
>250mW (16Ω Loaded);
>20mW (300Ω Loaded)
● Headphone Impedance Range: 16 Ω ~ 300 Ω
● SNR:
≥109dB(A weight) [AMP];
≥104dB(A weight) [DAC]
● Distortion:
<0.001% (AMP);
<0.007% (DAC)
&#9679; Support sampling rate (Max):
96K/24bit [USB]
192K/24bit [SPDIF]
&#9679; Frequency response:
10Hz~100KHz [AMP];
10Hz~20KHz [DAC]
&#9679; Size: 96mm x 55mm x 15.2mm
&#9679; Weight: 112g
 
Last edited:
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just wanted to post that my HT Omega Striker is working fine in Windows 8 using their 64 bit driver. Just a fyi.
 
Just finished setting up my new rig and am having problems with onboard audio and Win8Pro64 (OEM).

I've tried the 2 drivers that Asus has available for my mobo and they've both crashed while playing games....numerous times :/

Sys specs: Asus P8Z77-V Pro, 3770k @ 4.5, 4x4gb Corsair Vengenace, 128GB Samsung 830, 1TB WD Black, 3TB Barracuda, etc...

It would be great if I could find a non Creative card (have the x-Fi plat fata1ty champ in my old rig) with front panel audio to drive my Sennheiser cans. I also have a Polk 2.1 setup I occasionally use.

Anyone have a card in their Win8 rig yet?

Titanium HD works perfectly. They had Windows 8 drivers before release. I couldn't believe it.
 
External DAC and never look back. :D

Seriously! No driver issues, can easily be moved between systems (USB connected), sounds fantastic (close to ASUS STX territory - holds its own against most high-end sound cards), no RF/EMI induced noise from residing inside a PC case, can choose to go small/portable to take it with you when using a laptop on travel, etc...

Look into a FiiO E17. Less than 130 bones on Amazon. (Or an E7 for roughly half that if you are on a tight budget) Both can be paired with a FiiO E9 external amp later for more oomph if necessary when driving headphones, although even on their own they'll do just fine. I've had mine for a while now and absolutely love it. (E17/E9 combo paired with Senns 650's.) ZERO driver issues.

Another vote for FiiO E17.

I have Asus Xonar DX for gaming and general use but when it comes to listening music E17 and Ultimate Ears 6000 combo pretty much nails it, no comparison.
 
Back
Top