So right now I use a intel 4670k with a barebones z87 mobo. I bought Sennheiser GSP 300 and my mobo audio could not drive them. it was super quite so i grabbed a Creative Sound Audigy for $30 and it was much better. I plan on doing a completely new 8700k/ryzen 2xxx rebuild in about 3 months with a proper Mobo. Would this USB DAC still offer a benfit over the much much better onboard? Im tempted to pull the trigger. Not looking to spend $300+ for a "pro" item. I play games once a week now lol.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So right now I use a intel 4670k with a barebones z87 mobo. I bought Sennheiser GSP 300 and my mobo audio could not drive them. it was super quite so i grabbed a Creative Sound Audigy for $30 and it was much better. I plan on doing a completely new 8700k/ryzen 2xxx rebuild in about 3 months with a proper Mobo. Would this USB DAC still offer a benfit over the much much better onboard? Im tempted to pull the trigger. Not looking to spend $300+ for a "pro" item. I play games once a week now lol.

The GSP 300's are all of 19Ω and require no real power to drive- your phone should be able to drive them loudly. Most closed-back cans are like this.

I'd say that you could A / B the Creative card with whatever solution the new board comes with and pick whatever you like best.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back