Sorry guys, I need some opinions..

V3|!UM

Limp Gawd
Hey Guys,
looking for opinions if you rocked one of these out.. I am mainly playing CS:GO and League of legends with Americas Army proving grounds in the mix too. I watch SD/HD shows about 30% of the time.. My main focus is clarity and speed first.. Colors are secondary..

ASUS VG248QE (not sure about G-sync thought it would probably help with my current card to keep things in check)

Benq XL2411Z (After checking out blurbusters I am not sure about it given some new options in tuning with the asus)

AOC g2460Pqu (Just saw one review saying it was pretty good but had no blur reduction)

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
The Benq is neat - the Blur Reduction option will even work on other devices (like a PS3 or PS4, XBOX, etc.). Not sure if the Asus can...

The XL2411Z I am using already has the V2 firmware - AFAIK they shuold all have that firmware unless you buy really old stock?

The Benq has a lot of options in it - might be a good alternative to the Asus. I find that the Benq is easier to find where I live. The Asus, not so much.

I've used the benq for UT99 and it's fantastic - the blurbuster strobe utility works great and I believe the settings are saved for 60 hz, 120 hz, and 144 hz, so you can hook up a different a different PC or non-PC device and it'll retain the settings (ie. backlight persistence). No idea if the Asus can do that.

Thx for the feedback. i ended up ordering the benq last night.. It should definitely blow my current samsung out of the water..

blur reduction in a game like CS isn't really ideal, in fact,t hre whole blur reduction concept right now to me is a bit "meh". The brightness you lose is so significant, that until they solve this, i personally can't stand it. Especially for games like CS where you want things to be nice and bright.

I have a BenQ 2411T, and it's very solid for fps'. As is it's Asus equivalent. unless there is something really important on one and not the other, I'd say just go the the best priced one.

I found the brightness on the XL2411Z really good - ESPECIALLY after making a custom resolution for 120 hz with 1350 total vertical pixels - it looks twice as bright. I was very surprised.

Oh and I found the FPS1 preset rather horrible - I picked Standard instead then turned on Blur Reduction - whites don't look pink anymore.

Well actually the cheapest of the 3 was the benq, well the AOC was the exact same price.. the Asus being like 10 bux more. I've read about the faults of both the asus and benq and was worried about the ghosting primarily. I work in broadcast and look for shit like that all day, so i am very sensitive to it now. With all the current tweaks I am hoping shit get rectified to a usable extent. Frankly it HAS to be better than my current samsung..

Back