Sony Denies “Big Announcement” Next Week

HardOCP News

[H] News
So the big rumor all week has been that Sony would announce a cheaper 40GB PS3 on October 12th. Sony Europe has effectively killed those rumors saying there is “nothing planned for next week

Even though GamePro France said there would be a "big bang" announcement on Oct. 12, Sony says it's not happening -- well, at least Sony Europe does. Eurogamer spoke with Sony Europe and they say there's no "press conference" scheduled for next week. We'll believe them, especially if they chose their words perfectly as to remain truthful.

Not to be pessimistic but, if you follow Sony’s pattern of denials over the last 2 years, I’d say we have a 99.9% chance that the opposite of what Sony says is true. If they deny a cheaper 40GB PS3, that means it will be announced next week….at least that is their track record.;)

Yep... doesn't matter what the heck Sony says. They lie and cheat constantly :p... I'm sure we'll still see it within the next week, and if not that, two weeks :).

I agree.

They haven't insulted the idea of a cheaper 40GB PS3, yet. They also haven't said that it's only for retards that rhyme with "intendo" or "crowsoft."

But in the far past they said it would be "impossible" and that the PS3 is "too much power to be that cheap," so their most likely course of action is to release one and say that we misinterpreted them.

They better by lying...for their sake. They are not doing well in the console wars by any measure. If they are lying why should they be? Generating excitement for a cheaper version should be at the top of their to-do list.

Back