Sony Claims This Is NOT The PS4

woops... apparently I've been playing too much minecraft

Hardware shots are probably just some CGI done in Keyshot or what have you, but that's fairly standard fair. So yeah Sony, of course its fake. ;)

Still, one thing I like is, it actually is a box, which means I will actually be able to stack things on top of it in my AV rack. And more than likely the electro-luminescent lighting thing has some kind of on/off switch, and I'm sure they are showing it with it on for all that pizazz. Besides, there's always black electrical tape if it can't be turned off. :D

And much as I'd love for consoles to become standardized generic black boxes which fit in a component rack, I don't see it happening.

Still, one thing I like is, it actually is a box, which means I will actually be able to stack things on top of it in my AV rack. And more than likely the electro-luminescent lighting thing has some kind of on/off switch, and I'm sure they are showing it with it on for all that pizazz. Besides, there's always black electrical tape if it can't be turned off. :D

I'm not counting on it either. It's too tempting for console makers to produce a randomly shapen lump of plastic that doesn't fit anywhere so it ends up eating tons of shelf space all on it's own.

It doesn't fit the Sony school of design in any way. If it had been a Microsoft 720/etc fake it would have been believable.

Around 22s, there is a close up of the power LED and wireless LED while the box is turning and just above is the Sony name. The Sony name is shifting positions relative to the two LEDs. So for whatever it means the device may be real but the Sony name it artificially added to video.

I personally can't stand Sony commercials. All the weird ones during the early PS3 launch made me not buy one because they showed literally no game footages. This commercial is terrible. Just a bunch of people with the playstation shapes reflecting off their eyes. They need to fire the marketing people who thought of this junk.

Your reading comprehension is astounding.

Not sure why it would be surprising that a fake commercial was made, there was a fake video of the wii making the rounds before it debuted, showing a wireless helmet etc. Looked pretty legit at the time and even Reggie fils-aime was impressed with it.

Even if this is a fake, Sony should buy the rights and do whatever with real branding and release the commercial, It will definitely bring up the hype and give this another spin around the media. If it isnt well then it served its purpose.

What is the thing next to the girls eye? Is it a mole? Is it a piercing? Is it supposed to be one of the "buttons"?

e3 is nothing more then propaganda placement now. I try telling that to people that still believe this and nearly get lynched every time.

I thought it was stupid and desperate looking. The snippets of shot of the console and in-game footage are really not that impressive... they should do another one with a bunch of "meh" faces... that would be more realistic

I hate ads though... and I miss Billy Mays

Not sure why it would be surprising that a fake commercial was made, there was a fake video of the wii making the rounds before it debuted, showing a wireless helmet etc. Looked pretty legit at the time and even Reggie fils-aime was impressed with it.

I remember that, and it showed one person's idea of an HD Mario game, back before they revealed it would be only a bit more powerful than the Wii.

Im calling BS on this being fake, nobody puts that kind of production into something without a chance of monetary gain.

IMO, perfect time to let something like this leak and deny it with the MS announcement happening next week.

If it's not fake, then it's fucking terrible. My desire to shell out hundreds of dollars for whatever the fuck that was is zero.

Im calling BS on this being fake, nobody puts that kind of production into something without a chance of monetary gain.

Student project (can put it in CV/demo reel). Plus it doesn't really seem like it would need a large budget. some CG of a box, some easy to get hold of lighting (LED shapes for the eye thing). It's well produced quality but not really big budget or anything that requires lots of money.

Yea seems weird that someone would take that much time for it, but if its anything like it looks, me likey.

Yea seems weird that someone would take that much time for it
How long do you think it took to make this? It's just a series of stupid simple close-up shots, with some basic editing, against some music... and at less then 1 minute. It could've taken 2 days to make for all we know. I wouldn't be surprised if was a student project either. It was nicely executed though, but it's just fluff with no substance, which is much easier to do then you might realize.

I wasn't impressed, this is supposed to be shock advertising and it just wasn't there.

The concept is sound, but they need to up the intensity add more explosive gameplay scenes, and get rid of the goofy looks. Just scrap the entire cast (who probably did the video) and hire professional actors (not huge people just people who know what they are doing).

It's a good amateur ad concept and with an actual budget, cast, and dedicated team they could make this work.

I just hope they lay off the dumbass Sony Executive commercials, for some reason everyone loved them.

Back