sonata question

hmm...

Weaksauce
I wanted to get the sonata ($109) for its quiet operation, but saw that it came with a 20-pin psu. Do I really need a 24-pin connector for non OC comp and no SLI?
I also saw that the SLK3000B ($50) and SmartPower 2.0 ($55) could be used. What quieting technologies does the sonata have that the SLK3000 doesn't have?

thanx

hmm... said:
I wanted to get the sonata ($109) for its quiet operation, but saw that it came with a 20-pin psu. Do I really need a 24-pin connector for non OC comp and no SLI?
I also saw that the SLK3000B ($50) and SmartPower 2.0 ($55) could be used. What quieting technologies does the sonata have that the SLK3000 doesn't have?

thanx

Depends does your mobo have a 24pin ATX connector? While a 20 pin may work it is not what the mobo was designed for and using the 20pin in the 24pin is not the best solution.

I hear the quality of Hyundai's has really gone up in recent years and now they come with 20 pin AND 24 pin!

Seriously, most motherboards of recent vintage take a 20 pin power cable, but some newer boards take a 24 pin. You can swap power supplies or try a 20 --> 24 pin adapter. It just depends on what you want.

A rear 120mm fan? A quiet operation PSU? I can't think of anything particularly designed for quiet operation other than those.

Back