Something I noticed with 3D

hajalie24

[H]ard|Gawd
So I finally bought some glasses for my 3dtv and viewed some SBS content. It seems more like the objects are two dimensional but at different depths. Like there were some mountains and some boulders that you could notice were clearly at different depths, but it still looks flat. I also got some ghosting/double image and outlines which is annoying, and means I probably won't be watching anymore 3D content soon. Does anyone notice how everything still seems flat?

It depends. In some games (metro 2033) the effect is a bit more pronounced. Also the Heaven benchmark. However, in films, I always get the feeling I'm just watching moving paper caricatures at differing depths (same as you, apparently).

Well plenty of films are 3D converted so each object basically is a 2D flat object in 3D space.

So it's not just me. If games are better I may replace it with some cheap no name brand TV and use it as a computer monitor, since it seems I have no need for any of it's features.

Well plenty of films are 3D converted so each object basically is a 2D flat object in 3D space.

That may be it too. I'll try some of the video's on nvidia's website later tonight.

I think it has to do with focal plane. When you look at an object in real life your eyes focus on it. With 3D the focus is fixed or controlled by the camera man. I think DDD has an auto focus function where it'll try to focus on the object in the crosshair. Try that and see if it helps.

Back