Someone help me find this fan bc I'm stupid

It would appear that my cpu fan has shot craps. It tries to spin a bit, but never gets going.

No big deal, I'll buy another one. Problem is that I can't seem to find any listings on Amazon or Newegg for JUST the fan with brackets. I don't need a whole new heatsink. Below is the one I have.

Am I just stuck with buying a whole new thing and only using the fan? It doesn't cost much so no big deal, but it would be nice if I could find just the fan.

upload_2017-11-22_20-19-14.png

You guys should also get a laugh out of this. I have no idea how long the fan has been dead LOL.

I just grabbed a new video card and have been playing BF1 on Ultra and my computer kept crashing. This led me to investigate and realize what was going on.

i have had my hyper212+ running push pull w/ a couple Gelid Silent 12 PWM fans for years.. very quiet work fine.. not sure what the current hotness is in fans is but the Gelids have been fine w/ the hyper212+ on my i7-4770K for quite a number of years now.. no issues with the fans still run great..

I have a bunch of these that must be from about 2010 that all still work..

It's a standard fan, any 120mm fan will attach to the clip bracket that mounts it onto the 212. Seems they ship with little rubber plugs that hold the fan to the bracket, but you could use anything - zip ties, screws, superglue, whatever.

Yeah, I had an Noiseblocker brand, NB-eLoop B12-2 attached to the bracket of my Hyper 212 plus.

It's a standard fan, any 120mm fan will attach to the clip bracket that mounts it onto the 212. Seems they ship with little rubber plugs that hold the fan to the bracket, but you could use anything - zip ties, screws, superglue, whatever.

The brackets have holes in them when you screw regular fan screws into the bracket to hold it in place. The rubber is to use as a vibration dampener when it is attached to the HSF. On the original one, you have to peel the rubber off the bracket to get at the screws. When I put them back on, I just moved the rubber away from the screws so I could change out the fan easily. The biggest problem the OP might have is whether or not he has the brackets.

Back