some recommendations needed please.

kevin kirk

n00b
Hello, Im looking into buying HMD goggles and trying to research these things thur websites and amazon have left me frustrated. My main use would be for xbox series s gameplay thru HDMI connection. Does anyone have any recommendations that would be good for this purpose and give me a huge screen experience with atleast 1080 resolution thur HDMI? Thank you

I may not understand your question, so please confirm my understanding:

You want to use a HMD to replicate the experience of sitting in a room looking at a huge flat screen on which the Xbox Series S game is displayed? Sort of like a virtual movie theater?

Hello, Im looking into buying HMD goggles and trying to research these things thur websites and amazon have left me frustrated. My main use would be for xbox series s gameplay thru HDMI connection. Does anyone have any recommendations that would be good for this purpose and give me a huge screen experience with atleast 1080 resolution thur HDMI? Thank you
Best and cheapest way, with highest performance is sit closer to the TV.

I may not understand your question, so please confirm my understanding:

You want to use a HMD to replicate the experience of sitting in a room looking at a huge flat screen on which the Xbox Series S game is displayed? Sort of like a virtual movie theater?
yes

I'm not sure if you can do that, easily anyway. I mean you could probably do it by sending the console into a PC with a capture card and then use Bigscreen to play your games in a virtual cinema. But that sounds more trouble than it is worth.

And this is VR devices only. About simple dummy HMD that are nothing more but a monitor strapped on your forehead, do they even make these anymore?

You can't. Maybe a cheap projector would be a better option.

I'm not sure if you can do that, easily anyway. I mean you could probably do it by sending the console into a PC with a capture card and then use Bigscreen to play your games in a virtual cinema. But that sounds more trouble than it is worth.

And this is VR devices only. About simple dummy HMD that are nothing more but a monitor strapped on your forehead, do they even make these anymore?
I talking about personal theater goggles like the royal moon and the visionHDM H1 so on. They are smart goggles for streaming 2d and 3d movies or HMDI connection. https://www.amazon.com/Royole-Moon-Mobile-Theater-Black/dp/B01M8FE2U4 https://www.amazon.com/VISIONHMD-Bi...0fb16&pd_rd_wg=T85Pz&pd_rd_i=B0828K335J&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
not having the wall space for a projector is part of my issue. If i had the space i would just go buy a huge TV instead of looking into HMD.

I misunderstood, I thought you were looking into VR headsets. Sorry about that.

Don't know much about those video display HMD's. I see them come up sometimes when looking at VR headsets and accessories. None of them seem to get very good reviews.

A friend of mine, in a similar situation to yourself, got a portable projector screen.

Back