Some real 7950GX benchmarks!

Graphs and numbers are like nude pictures of girls... no matter what language they speak, guys appreicate them

Yay, I can read and understand it... lucky me.

Yea i could go simpleton and just read the pretty graphics. I actually like reading a review.

Seems nice to me. It will be interesting to see how performance holds up at 1600x with combined AA|AF in demanding games.

Shay Ken said:
yay for being dutch!
for once

yes it's dutch

Yep, i speak Afrikaans which is a derivitive of dutch, so I can read it and understand it :)

it states that some guy got it before the release date, some info about it being 2 7900GTX's, it seems there was a little trouble getting it to work in windows and they had to alter some .inf file. temps: 67 degrees centigrade with benchmarks, 47 degrees centigrade idled,
then they say it's getting beat by 7900GTX's in SLI because the clocks are cut down for stability things

et voila, my summary

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking....

Watercooling and ocing them up to the faster gtx speeds :D

Thats some tight packin skippy!

my.php

Shay Ken said:
it states that some guy got it before the release date, some info about it being 2 7900GTX's, it seems there was a little trouble getting it to work in windows and they had to alter some .inf file. temps: 67 degrees centigrade with benchmarks, 47 degrees centigrade idled,
then they say it's getting beat by 7900GTX's in SLI because the clocks are cut down for stability things

et voila, my summary

XFX Geforce 7950GX2 XXX Edition are factory clocked at 570mhz or 580mhz GPU not sure about memory. That is what I was told by the distributor. Will find out more tomorrow. :D

One Geforce 7950GX2 really is much faster than a Single Geforce 7900GTX but surely slower than Geforce 7900 GTX.

2 Geforce 7900 GTX cards = $1050

1 Geforce 7950GX2 card = $600

2 Geforce 7950GX2 cards= $1200

Brent_Justice said:
its evil, evil I tell ya :eek: :D :p

I never got that. My graduation is on 6/6/06 and everyone is like really, your graduation out of all days is on that day? What am I missing hear? So, for going a little off topic..

Manoj said:
One Geforce 7950GX2 really is much faster than a Single Geforce 7900GTX but surely slower than Geforce 7900 GTX.

2 Geforce 7900 GTX cards = $1050

1 Geforce 7950GX2 card = $600

2 Geforce 7950GX2 cards= $1200

yeah, and my single GT scores higher than that GX2 in 3DMark 05, for $300.......

two modded GT's would destroy this card unless it has some serious potential for overclocking and overvoltage and such, but i am a bit skeptical if it will perform at the same level when modded as two GTX's modded, methinks it may not be so simple......wonder who will be the first to bite on a dual GPU dual Mem voltmod to crank one of these up?

lloose said:
You cant read numbers or make out what that pretty bargraph says? :rolleyes:

Graphs are not the whole review. The sooner you learn that, the better.

Rolleyes? Try some maturity...

Lazy_Moron said:
I never got that. My graduation is on 6/6/06 and everyone is like really, your graduation out of all days is on that day? What am I missing hear? So, for going a little off topic..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/666_(number)

Lazy_Moron said:
My graduation would've been on that day too, but the school actually made the winter break shorter by 3 days so we graduate on the 3rd. It pissed me off I wanted to graduate on 6/6/06 :(

nobody_here said:
yeah, and my single GT scores higher than that GX2 in 3DMark 05, for $300.......

two modded GT's would destroy this card unless it has some serious potential for overclocking and overvoltage and such, but i am a bit skeptical if it will perform at the same level when modded as two GTX's modded, methinks it may not be so simple......wonder who will be the first to bite on a dual GPU dual Mem voltmod to crank one of these up?

Your Single Geforce 7900 GT scores higher than Geforce 7950GX2 out of the box? :eek:

So your 2 Geforce 7900 GT cards will score higher than 2 Geforce 7950GX2 out of the box?

Manoj said:
Your Single Geforce 7900 GT scores higher than Geforce 7950GX2 out of the box? :eek:

So your 2 Geforce 7900 GT cards will score higher than 2 Geforce 7950GX2 out of the box?

Why does everybody put so much thought into 3dblow mark scores. Yea, I'll bench mine using 3dmark and post the numbers but it's not a real test of performance.

That site obviously coupled the GX2 with a relatively weak processor. All those scores are low:

7900GTX is slightly lower than I squeezed out of my 7800GTX with stock cooling and no mods.

X1900XTX is over 1500 points behind my STOCK X1900XT.

Manoj said:

my single GT voltmodded and overclocked scores over 11k in 05

LittleMe said:
Why does everybody put so much thought into 3dblow mark scores. Yea, I'll bench mine using 3dmark and post the numbers but it's not a real test of performance.

actually, if you use the same benchmark on two computers, it is reliable, which ever one can run the same bench the fastest has the faster and thus more capable hardware

nobody_here said:

actually, if you use the same benchmark on two computers, it is reliable, which ever one can run the same bench the fastest has the faster and thus more capable hardware

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Pretty soon we will get some wise ass who claims his 7800gt rapes all these scores becuase he used liquid nitrogen and some cascade solution to get those scores.

You can run all the benchmarks and hardware in one box as you want, at some point *cough quad sli *cough* the cpu or other components would be the limiting factor.

I believe that the refrence 7900GTX in SLI vs this GX2 (single dual card) would perform equally. Once you water cool it or do whatever overclockers like to do, you will be able to obtain the same level of performance as the 3rd party 7900gtx vendors.

And the main diffrence with these cards are that you can run quad sli. Your 7900gt may be godly and worship worthy, but it will not power my 3007's runing native resolution with all options cranked... and thats exactly what the quad sli is targeting.

nobody_here said:

But how about at 1920 x 1200 4x FSAA and 16X AA? Willl the Gefoce 7900 GT 256megs compete with Geforce 7950GX2. Will it bring the Geforce 7950GX2 to its knees? I am not bothered how the cards perform at low resolutions because I don't play games at low resolutions. And by the way Geforce 7950GX2 can also be overclocked and possibly a volt mod may be found and used by extreme users with watercooling. No point satisfying oneself with what one has and uses. :cool:

Ockie said:

Pretty soon we will get some wise ass who claims his 7800gt rapes all these scores becuase he used liquid nitrogen and some cascade solution to get those scores.

You can run all the benchmarks and hardware in one box as you want, at some point *cough quad sli *cough* the cpu or other components would be the limiting factor.

I believe that the refrence 7900GTX in SLI vs this GX2 (single dual card) would perform equally. Once you water cool it or do whatever overclockers like to do, you will be able to obtain the same level of performance as the 3rd party 7900gtx vendors.

And the main diffrence with these cards are that you can run quad sli. Your 7900gt may be godly and worship worthy, but it will not power my 3007's runing native resolution with all options cranked... and thats exactly what the quad sli is targeting.

Actaully sooner or later 512 megs memory will become a standard for display cards. Hopefully starting next year.

Alot of games run better with 512megs display card memory at high resolutions.

Geforce 7900 GT 256megs will not play games as smoothly as cards with 512megs at high resolutions. That is why Inno3D and Galaxy are releasing geforce 7900 GT cards with 512megs. Also no point comparing a vmodded Geforce 7900 GT and overclocked to a Geforce 7950GX2 fresh out of the box with early drivers.

Ockie said:

Manoj said:
But how about at 1920 x 1200 4x FSAA and 16X AA? Willl the Gefoce 7900 GT 256megs compete with Geforce 7950GX2. Will it bring the Geforce 7950GX2 to its knees? I am not bothered how the cards perform at low resolutions because I don't play games at low resolutions. And by the way Geforce 7950GX2 can also be overclocked and possibly a volt mod may be found and used by extreme users with watercooling. No point satisfying oneself with what one has and uses. :cool:

hey guys, relax, i think you saw red when there was no red to be seen.......i never said my GT was equal to the GX2, i simply stated the fact that my single GT can score higher than what they show the GX2 scoring........i didnt even suggest that it would keep up at higher res, or that i could somehow make a quad sli rig out of it.......i like the GX2

obviously there are other factors that make the GX2 a really attractive card, especially for the suggested price

so relax
:D

nobody_here said:
hey guy, relax, i think you saw red when there was no red to be seen.......i never said my GT was equal to the GX2, i simply stated the fact that my single GT can score higher than what they show the GX2 scoring........

obviously there are other factors that make the GX2 a really ttractive card, especially for the suggested price

so relax
:D

Keep in mind that you can also oc the gx2. We were really looking on it at an equal basis of being refrence clock speeds and performance. If you factored OCing in there the sky is the limit :)

Ockie said:
Keep in mind that you can also oc the gx2. We were really looking on it at an equal basis of being refrence clock speeds and performance. If you factored OCing in there the sky is the limit :)

how far though?

i am suspicious of the ability to voltmod and get the same kind of gains that separate cards are getting

nobody_here said:
how far though?

i am suspicious of the ability to voltmod and get the same kind of gains that separate cards are getting

Geforce 7950GX2 will surely not overclock as high as a single Geforce 7900 GT. Like it is impossible to overclock to Geforce 7900 GT at the same exact clocks that each card can max out the same way when paired up the most stable clock speeds will be maintained.

That is why Geforce 7950GX2 will probably not overclock so high.

However, XFX are selling XXX Edition cards at 70 mhz higher than normal stock speeds and backs it up with 3 years warranty. I am getting the XXX Edition tomorrow morning (delivered to me) at about the same price as standard Geforce 7950GX2 cards. :D

It holds true in the concept that a chain as it's weakest link. If you have 4 cards, your clock rate would depend on the weakest card.

I'm sure people will still push these quite far... especially once people start swapping boards to get the optimum performance level and sell the slower paired cards.

Ockie said:
It holds true in the concept that a chain as it's weakest link. If you have 4 cards, your clock rate would depend on the weakest card.

I'm sure people will still push these quite far... especially once people start swapping boards to get the optimum performance level and sell the slower paired cards.

Yes but only the rich will be able to buy 4 to 5 Geforce 7950GX2 and sell the crap overclockers.

Back