Some real 7950GX benchmarks!

Manoj said:
Yes but only the rich will be able to buy 4 to 5 Geforce 7950GX2 and sell the crap overclockers.

No no, I'm more saying in the lines of:

Say you buy two cards... find out that master card 1 works great in ocing and on the other card the slave card 2 works great in ocing..... then you break the card appart and you mate the two best pcb's together, thus creating a nice clocker... then mate the slower card together and sell it.

At least you guys in the US can return items that you are not satisfied with. In Hong Kong it is impossible to even think of it. He He!!! :D

May be this is the reason why many guys are getting defected Geforce 7900 cards. Lots of guys overclocking them and returning the bad overclockers and then other users get those cards which are nearly damaged. Just a thought.

Manoj said:
At least you guys in the US can return items that you are not satisfied with. In Hong Kong it is impossible to even think of it. He He!!! :D

May be this is the reason why many guys are getting defected Geforce 7900 cards. Lots of guys overclocking them and returning the bad overclockers and then other users get those cards which are nearly damaged. Just a thought.

Yeah when I first moved here I thought it was a joke, where I came from if you asked to return something you'd be laughed at.

Ockie said:
You are comparing apples to oranges.

Pretty soon we will get some wise ass who claims his 7800gt rapes all these scores becuase he used liquid nitrogen and some cascade solution to get those scores.

You can run all the benchmarks and hardware in one box as you want, at some point *cough quad sli *cough* the cpu or other components would be the limiting factor.

I believe that the refrence 7900GTX in SLI vs this GX2 (single dual card) would perform equally. Once you water cool it or do whatever overclockers like to do, you will be able to obtain the same level of performance as the 3rd party 7900gtx vendors.

And the main diffrence with these cards are that you can run quad sli. Your 7900gt may be godly and worship worthy, but it will not power my 3007's runing native resolution with all options cranked... and thats exactly what the quad sli is targeting.

QFT
:cool:

Manoj said:

Interesting theory but my card was number 27 off the line and I got it in the first week. I doubt it was ever used prior

Back