Some DX10 Game Release Dates

Stupac

[H]ard|Gawd
This question is asked so much, Here are some unofficial release dates in the DX10 game department.

Company of Heroes (DX 10 patch) - May 07
FPS Creator - May 07
Lost Planet - June 07
EVE Online (DX 10 patch) - Mid 07
Hellgate London - Mid 07

Age of Conan - Late summer

Flight Sim X (DX 10 patch) - Fall 07
BioShock - Fall 07

World in Conflict - Late 07
Unreal Tournament 3 - Q4 07
Crysis - Sometime this year ;)
Supreme Commander TBA

From Neoseeker 8600gt review.

This question is asked so much, Here are some unofficial release dates in the DX10 game department.

Company of Heroes (DX 10 patch) - May 07
FPS Creator - May 07
Lost Planet - June 07
EVE Online (DX 10 patch) - Mid 07
Hellgate London - Mid 07

Age of Conan - Late summer

Flight Sim X (DX 10 patch) - Fall 07
BioShock - Fall 07

World in Conflict - Late 07
Unreal Tournament 3 - Q4 07
Crysis - Sometime this year ;)
Supreme Commander TBA

From Neoseeker 8600gt review.

Bioshock has an official release date of August 21st.

Yeah let the fool work out the bugs while im comfortably in XP for the time being =)

I could have sworn that Lord of the Rings Online has said that they will be patching for DX10 in the future.

Edit: Found the reference:

How did it look with DX10? I’m looking at my notes and we never discussed it. Why? Because they showed it in DX9 and Adam was too excited about the coming launch and the game itself to talk about the game in DX10. I must say that it still looks quite marvelous, with rich, colorful details. Players need not worry that they will require Windows Vista and new graphics cards though, the game will launch with DX9 with a nice upgrade to DX10 further down the road.

Wow never knew company of heros is getting a patch. Wonder how much better it can look.

Im surprised you guess didnt mention brothers in arms 3 which is one of the main reasons why i want to upgrade to dx10

lol UT3 darn that release date just wont stay put. no wonder they took away the UT2007 name

You think that's bad? Check out Duke Nukem Forever. It's been on the announcement list for what? nearly 10 years?

You think that's bad? Check out Duke Nukem Forever. It's been on the announcement list for what? nearly 10 years?

lol true but i really dont care about that game. is the company still working on that? i mean to take that long you would have to revamp a new game engine.

Yea, I was wondering why Company of Heroes had the DX10 option grayed out in the shader options. With Company of Heroes already being very detailed as it is, what do you expect DX10 will do as far as graphics wise?

Yea, I was wondering why Company of Heroes had the DX10 option grayed out in the shader options. With Company of Heroes already being very detailed as it is, what do you expect DX10 will do as far as graphics wise?

It might not be anything beyond improved performance from the same card due to lower overhead of the API. Would they release whole new texture packs? I would think that would be too large a "patch". Maybe some LOD or geometry settings beyond the highest available, now?

Vista is a great OS. Many people are having issues, and if you are wanting it to game, there is no reason to jump ship from XP right now. Sure, there are DX10 cards out there, but the drivers still suck. And there are no games. If I were wanting it only for gaming, I'd wait until the games came out that I wanted, or a service pack was released.

I use Vista Ultimate right now (32Bit and 64Bit) and haven't had an issue. However, I frequent the MS newsgroups and there are a lot of people that are having problems. I even have a Vista dedicated website, and I still tell people that if they are happy with XP and have no need for Vista to not upgrade until they get a new computer. I have an older computer with Vista on it, and it works ok, it needed a RAM upgrade, but it works fine. Then I built a new C2D with 2GB of RAM, and it HAULS ARSE! I don't think people should upgrade to this OS, but if it's a new build, go with Vista. :)

The games are going to be great, though. I can't wait for Crysis. I'm eyeing my upgrade stuff just for Crysis. So, I'm getting everything but the video card soon!

Vista is a great OS. Many people are having issues, and if you are wanting it to game, there is no reason to jump ship from XP right now. Sure, there are DX10 cards out there, but the drivers still suck. And there are no games. If I were wanting it only for gaming, I'd wait until the games came out that I wanted, or a service pack was released.

Common misconception... what a difference a few months makes :).

Actually, the latest drivers for nvidia cards are quite fast and stable. Recently my XP partition died on me, so I decided to try working on Vista only. After a week, I have no problems at all. I think I'm going to keep using Vista only. After all, soon we'll all have to use it anyway.

Can't wait for the DX-10 crack that enables XP compatibility ;)

While anything is possible, this is something that I really doubt is going to really happen, at least not with LOTS of issues.

I know that Microsoft likes to force the upgrade issue, and they know a gamers are an easy group to force upgrades upon as we love to upgrade, but there are some complex technical issues that need to be tackled, as the DX10 API has to have a compatible driver, and there will be NO DX10 drivers from nVidia or AMD for XP, and that's going to be the problem. Someone is going to have to develop DX10 drivers for XP.

Good luck.

While anything is possible, this is something that I really doubt is going to really happen, at least not with LOTS of issues.

I know that Microsoft likes to force the upgrade issue, and they know a gamers are an easy group to force upgrades upon as we love to upgrade, but there are some complex technical issues that need to be tackled, as the DX10 API has to have a compatible driver, and there will be NO DX10 drivers from nVidia or AMD for XP, and that's going to be the problem. Someone is going to have to develop DX10 drivers for XP.

Good luck.

http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/12320

we'll see...

Hehe, too hard you say? It's already here.

http://alkyproject.blogspot.com/2007/04/finally-making-use-of-this-blog-i.html
DirectX10 Coming for everyone, with the help of the 'Alky Project'

We all know that DirectX10, for many of us, means an expensive upgrade and the move to a new operating system. We also know that DirectX10 is going to be necessary to play DX10 games such as Crysis and Halo 2 for the PC. What if I told you that a project sought to change that? That you could run DirectX10-exclusive games such as Halo 2 for PC on a DirectX9 platform with Windows 2000? Thanks to the Alky Project, we may not have to spend a penny to enjoy DirectX10 goodness. A quote from their official blog (I know, it's not an official web-page, but they do link to working models) tells us exactly how we can make DirectX10 work without spending at least $270 on a DirectX10 upgrade ($170 NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, $100 Windows Vista Home Basic).

I saw this coming from the start. Talented individuals are working as we speak to nullify Vista's only legitimate advantage over XP. Wonderful.

Vista/DX10 are still brand new. Give the modding community another year and they will nail this solid. I fully expect to be playing Crysis on my Xp machine.

Over and out.

Supreme Commander is not gonna come out with DX10. I believe the topic is at their SC forum.

http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=8876 <---- link

bad news....SoS says there will be no DX10 Support for SupCom...
he said drivers were so buggy at that point of development it was impossible to implement and he suspects it will not happen for supcom...good news is though that supcom 2 will more then likley support dx10
:)

If Bioshock is DX10 it's the one and only thing that will get me to buy Vista immediately on its release, assuming there is no DX10 on XP at that point. And I'll still be using XP for all non-DX10 purposes if that's the case - I have 119 games installed and optimised on XP, I'm not going through installing them all again. If MS had a proper upgrade procedure that kept details of installed programs then maybe, but as it is no way would I migrate to Vista for everyday use.

You know, the latest version of OpenGL supports pretty much all of the relevant features of DX 10, and it will work on XP and OS X. Which means that any DX 10 game which has an OpenGL mode will take advantage of "DX 10" parts in XP and OS X

I just love how everyones putting so much faith into a 19 year old kid that fancies himself a professional to make DX10 work on XP...:rolleyes:

IF it where to happen it would take a team of freelance hobbyists to get it going but even then dont expect to see any kind of release for at least another year. Not saying its impossible but damn people 1 19 year old kid will not be able to do this in our lifetime. It took long enough for Microsofts own team of developers to get it going and i dont think all the kinks have been worked out we have yet to see what bugs are waiting to be discovered.

are any one these so ingrained with DX 10 that they REQUIRE a DX 10 card? No. Hence why Im not getting Vista. (end rant)

Back