Solid Brass Res

I don't think the T line is going to help at all. I suspect it will make matters worse. The problem is that as the flow rates increase the bubbles that would normally flow to the top of the tube in a low flow system get sucked right back though the pump.

Top Nurse said:
I don't think the T line is going to help at all. I suspect it will make matters worse. The problem is that as the flow rates increase the bubbles that would normally flow to the top of the tube in a low flow system get sucked right back though the pump.
using the T-line idea, provided that the water level in the vertical tubing run is above the rest of the loop, air will slowly and continually bleed itself out of the loop as the water flows through the loop, same as it does in a plain T-line in a high flow loop.

i think that it would work, but that it would simply take longer.

When I did my leaktesting of the res, the thing just would not bleed with the top port just left open. I then decided to add a barb and some tubing, filled the tube with water and then it did bleed all the air rather quickly. I really don't want to have a tee line coming offf the top of the res, but if I have to I will. I won't really know for sure until I get it all setup in the new case...

frontgrillfar.jpg

Well, the tee line does the trick on the top of the res, so I will have to go with it. Will work out to be about a 2 inch piece of tubing connecting the top res barb to the fillport. Without the res being 100% full, the bubbles never go away and actually seem to regenerate.

Back