• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Soldering Flux

sitheris

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
1,787
Not sure where this should go so I'm posting here...please move if it's in the wrong place.

My question is - where can I buy soldering flux? Radio shack and Home Depot don't carry it, can't think of any other place. I don't want to go online since I prefer to have it today.

Thanks
 
you talking about regular soldering flux?

i just bought some at home depot, its in the plumbing isle (for joining copper tubing)..

maybe i'm thinking of different stuff, but might be the same
 
Solder has flux in it already. Tri-core, for example, has 3 "runs" of flux in it.

Plumbing flux would not be a good idea on electronics.

You want ersin-core or rosin-core solder. Both need to be cleaned after soldering with a stiff nylon brush with some alcohol.

Acid-core solder is often used for plumbing, if it is even sold anymore. If you see any, don't buy it. Acid-core will corrode the contacts and eventually the wire will fall off.
 
You should be able to find flux at RadioShack as well also, I have purchased from them in the past. As stated, just using rosin core solder is normally sufficient but they do carry it

Actually... here it is: Rosin Flux -- in store only.
 
Back
Top