SOLD Todays Sale :> Gigabyte 1080ti $40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbwillis

[H]F Junkie
I bought this as a thank you to my nephew for helping with some yard projects and he was all gung ho to get a water cooling setup.
Im not sure what he used for the liquid, but I saw a gallon jug of distilled water at his place, but it was blue, not sure what he used to color it.
A week later hes wondering why his pump is making lots of noise....I stop over....ask him why he has a 90' bend in a 6 inch piece of tube...almost closing it up..fixed that that night, plus secured the pump rather than having it hang by tubing....
Fast forward to last week (~3 months later) and he calls to ask what this green stuff is in his tubing....told him it looked like algae, asked what he had used as fluid...he said water, I asked if it was the blue jug in his room..."no, not that one, this ones yellow"
:facepalm:

So he gets all frustrated and puts his RX4?? something back in and asks me to look at the 1080.
Its algae I think, tried flushing it out of the waterblock...no luck, tried some vinegar and lemon juice mix...a little better, but this stuff is sticky, not slimy.
Ended up removing the waterblock from the card, then taking the top off the water block...scrubbed the waterblock with a tooth brush sized bristle brush, its good, but probably needs a good chemical type cleaning.
Only negative thing on the waterblock is I had to remove the metal that was covering the screws,so the top is all clear now.

Selling the 1080 card for $40 shipped. (cardis a 2x 8 pin type) the card should work, he pulled it out of his PC,put it in the Gigabyte box and brought it to me.
(I wouldnt trust the pump, tossed the tubing, he kept the rad 'too hard to remove from my case without unplugging alot of things...haha, kids and cable mangement lol')
Ill include the waterblock and all screws if you want it, otherwise it goes in the copper melting bucket, would also need new thermal pads
Pics to follow
-----------------------------SOLD

Attachments

• 20220610_093225.jpg
    20220610_093225.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 675822767.jpg
    675822767.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.