Solarwinds - Supply Chain Hack

anything new here or old news rehashed?

"Brazen SolarWinds Hackers Offer Alleged Windows 10 Source Code For $600,000" -- https://hothardware.com/news/solarwinds-breach-spoils-for-sale
No definitive proof that they are the SW hackers other than them saying so. Entertaining never the less.

Interesting coincidence:
"The domain is 1 day old and registered through NJALLA. Njalla is a preferred registrar from Fancy Bear and Cozy Bear"

My company is looking into black-listing Solarwinds. At least we weren't diretly impacted by this. BTW Solarwinds is one of the software vendors that I manage the licenses for. #thefunneverstops

Sadly our company is moving more and more towards Solarwinds. Despite the crazy need to patch it so quickly now and actually having some of the initial backdoors in our systems. No clue why they don't dump it.

Sadly our company is moving more and more towards Solarwinds. Despite the crazy need to patch it so quickly now and actually having some of the initial backdoors in our systems. No clue why they don't dump it.
Mine just switched our outsourced IT and I had to install their "service agent" so they could remote in to our systems.

Now I have "Solarwinds Take Control Agent" running on my workstation. Greaaaaat.

I can already tell they suck because nobody has bothered to mention removing the old IT's remote app, changing passwords, or anything of that nature.

Back