• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Solaris and HP Smart Array P411

brutalizer

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
1,603
Does the HP Smart Array P411/512 work under Solaris? Does anyone know? Is the HBA LSI2008 based? Can I use it as a IBM M1015 card? I would like to flash it to IT-mode
 
I'd flash it to a LSI 9211-4i/8i card before an M1015. I haven't checked that specific model, but it should flash to IT mode since it is LSI2008 based.
 
I'd flash it to a LSI 9211-4i/8i card before an M1015. I haven't checked that specific model, but it should flash to IT mode since it is LSI2008 based.
Thanks for your help. Just to double check; can anyone confirm?
 
I did some more looking and there's a couple posts that say it can't be flashed like other LSI 2008 cards citing spec sheets that said it wasn't an LSI 2008 card. I don't know if there are multiple revisions of the card or not.
 
Ive googled a bit before posting this question, but could not find any good answer. Does anyone else have something to say about this card?

Thanks for your help!
 
Back
Top